Author Topic: George Steventon & Ann Shaw in Dudley/Rowley Regis/Old Swinford  (Read 2983 times)

Offline Julie Hill

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: George Steventon & Ann Shaw in Dudley/Rowley Regis/Old Swinford
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 06 March 19 18:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello all - I know its been a long time so I hope you're still interested.  I have been researching the Steventon family from Rowley Regis for a friend. She is descended from Joel Steventon b 1802 at Darby End.  I have a baptism for him at Stafford from the IGI as 31 Jan 1802 son of Joseph and Zealous. So it would appear he is your George's brother. I have found 6 siblings altogether.  Joel married Sarah Skeldon of Kingswinford on 23 May 1825 at Dudley.  They had at least 9 children, one of whom Noah S Steventon bc 1844 Dudley RD married Nancy Watkins in Q2 1868 Dudley RD.  By 1901 Noah had moved to Kettering, Northants, [ where I am] with his married daughter Hannah and her husband Benjamin Tilley also of Windmill End, near Rowley Regis. He worked at the Furnaces in Kettering.   Hannah's eldest sister Sarah Jane Steventon had married John Cooksey, but   appears to have parted from him after only 2 years of marriage, and she and their daughter Annie who were living with her parents, also moved to Kettering.   Benjamin and Hannah are my friend's great grandparents.   I haven't been able to find a marriage for Joseph and Zealous but I believe it would've been before 1798 before George was born.   A possible baptism for Joseph is 17 Sep 1758 at Stowe, Staffs, son of George Steevenson [sic] and Christian ?  This fits with the religious names idea.  That's all I can find though.  Regards.