Author Topic: Daniel Kelly of Derry Ireland  (Read 5173 times)

Offline Abygail

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Daniel Kelly of Derry Ireland
« on: Sunday 04 March 07 04:55 GMT (UK) »
Am hoping there are descendent's of Daniel Kelly that may be able to clarify a query or two for me.    There were several arrivals for Daniel Kelly's into Australia ipre 1849,  the majority were convicts, and one known arrival on-board the 'England' into Port Phillip was with a relative? Thomas Kelly.  I have a coroner's inquest  from 1854  conducted in Warrambool on the 9th October for a Daniel Kelly, listing a son Patrick Kelly as an informant (for the death).   I am hoping there are family from Patrick K. who may be able to help me.    Haven't been able to get a lead on a Patrick Kelly with  Daniel Kelly as his father.  I am trying to determine if this DK is really the one I am looking for as the age fits, or another dead end.  I think I have his arrival, have a marriage certificate, a potential birth certificate for a son, other than the listed Patrick K. after 1851 nothing. 
I really don't mind if he was a bigamist or a cad, I just want to determine when 'my' Daniel Kelly died. 
Durham - HARDY Ann, Mary, CLARKE William, Elizabeth, DABRON Robert, Thomas, Rhoda >1853
Tyrone- SEETON George, John; COULTER Mary>1919
Clonmel Tipperary - KELLY Daniel b1812 wed in Aust.1849 
Cornwell - Newton on Abbot area SYMON(D)S - George Harvie wife BALSOM(E) Mary b1795
Headford Galway - Bridget KING famine orphan and Tuam Workhouse
  Abygail

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Kelly of Derry Ireland
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 March 07 06:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Aby,

Do you know Daniel's parents names....i have a couple of Daniel Kelly's in the victorian cd's i have  a couple of deaths of such with birth place Ireland..

Craizi
Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia
Dixon Australia and Cumberland

Offline ChristineR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 March 07 09:24 GMT (UK) »
I have a coroner's inquest  from 1854  conducted in Warrambool on the 9th October for a Daniel Kelly, listing a son Patrick Kelly as an informant (for the death).   

Could you doublecheck that date please? as there is no death registered for that year.

:)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 March 07 23:01 GMT (UK) »
hello  there
from  the now defunct FIRST FAMILIES SITE
there is a DANIEL KELLY  WHO died in 1854

He was born in Ireland  and died in Warrnambool
in 1854  wife was bridget hogan

now there is a death in  victoria  in 1881 reg no 12258
for Patrick Kelly  parents daniel kelly  and  bridget  hogan aged 45  so  that gives his birth at 1836c

also there is a  death  in 1854 for an un namedmale aged 40

could this  be  your chap?

regards jenn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline Abygail

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 August 07 12:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you Jenn ChristineR and Crazi,
1.  the death in question didn't show in the BDM, it is in the PROV inquest register.   Found it while looking for another inquest.
2.  have no idea as to the names of his (Daniel Kelly) parents. or his dob or real age.
3.  Can't remember the dod but can remember it was in the hotter part of the year, and that they would need to get him buried quickly.
4.  If I have the wrong man, I'm open to suggestions for a possible candidate.
5.  Mary's 2nd child was born in 1855, so it appears that Daniel Kelly dissappeared one way or another between 1851 and 1854 because after then I assume she had hocked up with Abraham Firth.
Durham - HARDY Ann, Mary, CLARKE William, Elizabeth, DABRON Robert, Thomas, Rhoda >1853
Cornwell - Newton on Abbot area SYMON(D)S - George Harvie wife BALSOM(E) Mary b1795
  Abygail

Offline fiona kelly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 08 August 08 23:06 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am unsure if this is any help as regards this topic, but here goes-
I have a Daniel Kelly & Patrick Kelly in my line of Kelly's, my Daniel was born in 1825/1826 Ireland, at some point Daniel and family came to Port Glasgow, Scotland. Daniel got married 1843 Ireland to a Cecelia McLoughlin, between a daughter which was born in 1850 Ireland and a daughter which was born in 1855 Port Glasgow, Scotland, I cannot find a birth or marriage for him in Ireland, and cannot determine if he came to Scotland from Ireland or went to Australia or any other country first.
Why is it always the Kelly's which give us the problems :D
Fiona Kelly
KELLY COLLINS DEVLIN HOUSTEN MCLOUGHLIN FAULKNER<br /><br /><br /> PORT GLASGOW SCOTLAND IRELAND
McDOUGALL GREENOCK
SHERIFF PERTH & BRIDGE OF ALLAN STIRLING
SAVAGE ANTRIM

Offline Abygail

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 29 December 18 10:13 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Jenn ChristineR and Crazi,
1.  the death in question didn't show in the BDM, it is in the PROV inquest register.   Found it while looking for another inquest.
2.  have no idea as to the names of his (Daniel Kelly) parents. or his dob or real age.
3.  Can't remember the dod but can remember it was in the hotter part of the year, and that they would need to get him buried quickly.
4.  If I have the wrong man, I'm open to suggestions for a possible candidate.
5.  Mary's 2nd child was born in 1855, so it appears that Daniel Kelly disappeared one way or another between 1851 and 1854 because after then I assume she had hooked up with Abraham Firth.
  Abygail

Offline Abygail

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 29 December 18 10:31 GMT (UK) »
I think I can say 'my' Daniel Kelly' wasn't a bigamist, so I think I will just have to keep my fingers crossed that eventually a match comes up via the DNA test I have done.   According to my Mum's profile she is 67% Irish, Scottish and Welsh so it is a reasonable given that her paternal line is definitely via a Daniel Kelly' but just which one is yet to be revealed.
  Abygail