Author Topic: Holland Goddard b 1594 Farnborough & Wife Katherine Goddard b 1596 Cove  (Read 2076 times)

Offline pgod

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Had Son HOLLAND who was born 1614 in Farnborough. Any info please as to whether they had any other children.

Offline oldjim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Holland Goddard b 1594 Farnborough & Wife Katherine Goddard b 1596 Cove
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 08 December 07 22:01 GMT (UK) »
There is a "Goddard" association on the 'net.  Have you tried Googling "Goddard"  - sorry I don't have website details
Beat in Notts. Hudson in Lincs. Griffiths in Gloucs. Heald in Notts. Richardson in Notts.  Carter in Lincoln. Major in Notts/lincoln. Mason in Notts. Patfield in Dudley.  Poole in Dawley Shrops and Cannock Staffs. Richardson in Notts/lincs. Roe in Lincs. Stuart in Birmingham and Staffsa. Craddock in Wall, Lichfield Staffs Rose in Norton Canes Staffs

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 09 December 07 22:14 GMT (UK) »
At that date it is very difficult to pick up whole families since the mother's name is not routinely recorded in the registers.  However, Holland as a first name is pretty unusual.

Holland Goddard certainly had two children baptised in Aldershot: Joane, 28 Dec 1612 and Holland in 1614.  No mother's name is recorded.  Since the IGI is incomplete and there is no county-wide index to baptisms, each parish would have to be searched individually for other children.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Catherine Holland

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 09 January 19 16:12 GMT (UK) »
The first two Holland Goddards are my ancestors but for the first I have 1585 as a date of birth. Thereafter, my names and dates differ, I have John Goddard B 1648 Married to Catherine Peters, John Goddard 1678 married Mary Hill in 1703, John Goddard 1708 married Anne Smithers in 1737 at St Peters, Yately and Nicholas Goddard 1747 m Patience ? and Nimrod Goddard 1775 m Anne Bartlett. I won't do the rest but all of them came from the Farnborough/Yately areas. Many men had two or three wives and I've only listed my ancestors which could account for the differences but some of the dates differ as I mentioned with the first Holland Goddard

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 09 January 19 21:14 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat.   :)

Unfortunately pgod has not been online at RootsChat for a fair number of years.

Is there anything else that RootsChatters can help you with?

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline David Goddard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 07 May 20 13:54 BST (UK) »
Hi

Holland Goddard 1594 was my 10x great Grandfather and I have a lot of detail on the line of succession from him to me, along with siblings.

I was browsing this site a year or so ago and came across an excellent tree that someone had uploaded, only didn't get chance to download it and have not been able to find it again.
If anyone recalls seeing it I would be grateful as it was fascinating and would fill a number of gaps I have