Author Topic: Alexander alias Mansell  (Read 18252 times)

Offline Eveline Clarke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander alias Mansell
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 31 August 08 17:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Eric

Nice to hear from you again.   I haven't got any further with your query or with mine.   Hopefully in the near future something will leap out at me and I can say.  Eureka.

I didn't realise that they blocked e.mails I have never tried to send one before.   So you know what the mean by the Pm system.

Ahh I see an e.mail icon at the top.  I suppose I click on that.  Will try it anyway.

Eveline

Offline Gregor Hounds

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 31 August 08 18:25 BST (UK) »
Hello Eveline (and Eric)

I am afraid I don't have any information on the Bloxhams other than what I posted on the web-site, whereas you seem to have uncovered rather a lot. It would be very good to know more of Thomas Anthony Bloxham's family if you are willing to share it. Do you think the Thomas Bloxham you mention is this Thomas Anthony Bloxham? There is sixty three years between his marriage and the birth of the Mary Kings, the putative granddaughter, in my tree? I understand you have evidence for an earlier name change from Ingles to Bloxham?

The extract I posted is from a pedigree which is also included in a book (The Manors of Wyke Burnell and Wyke Waryn in the County of Worcestershire with some account of............) published by my great-grandfather, Charles Edward Mogridge Hudson, in 1901.  Apart from the reference in the pedigree he does not mention the Bloxham's in the text - the nearest indirect reference is "Of the daughters of John Mogridge, Vicar of Pershore, one was Lydia, born 24 April, 1787, at the old Manor House of Naunton Court, near Severn Stoke; residence of her paternal grandmother (i.e. Mary Kings dau. of Anne Bloxham), with whom her mother was then staying. When in her 17th year she married ...... it goes on to relate a little of her life and that the Duke of Kent (the father of Queen Victoria) was godfather to her child. 

There are also some manuscript notes of my grt grandfather which I will check to see if there are any further references to the Bloxhams.

Eveline - I am afraid I picked up you e-mail address before it was censored by the moderator!

Best wishes

George

Offline Gregor Hounds

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 31 August 08 19:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Eveline and Eric

I have just been to my parents' house, a short walk,  to review the family records and it seems we do have a family tree for at least some of the Bloxham's of Aston Subege from the time of a Ralph Bloxham (1550) in my grt grandfather's handwriting (1890s).  There is about two and half fullscap pages, so too much to copy and as it was raining I did not want to risk damaging them. I am am not sure of the source but on the same page there are references to heralds visitations.  I will take photographs as perhaps the best way of conveying the information. There are references to the Bloxham ancestry in two versions of the Mogridge pedigrees from originals created in the 1700's.

I will revrt to you.

Best wishes

George

Offline Eveline Clarke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 31 August 08 21:27 BST (UK) »
Hi George and Eric

George I have your e.mail and I will reply direct to you over that.

Eric, if we turn up anything else on the Mansel/Mauncel/Alexander line, you can be sure I will let you know.

I have tried to follow the leads you gave me, but came to a blank wall.

Regards

Eveline

Offline cire

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 02 October 08 14:38 BST (UK) »
Hello Eveline
I have just been looking on the "a2a" site. You may have these but if you enter "Bloxam" at the "Shakespeare Centre Library and Archive", there are abstracts of quite a lot of documents relating to the Bloxam and Bloxam alias Ingles" families around Aston sub Edge etc. There are some I think under "Bloxham" but this puts up lots about the town of Bloxham.

regards
Eric
Beeston, Whithead & Towle
Allesley, Bloxham from c. 1815
Foleshill, Gee (Jee) Adams Millerchip
Burton Dassett, Bloxham to c. 1815

Offline Eveline Clarke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 02 October 08 15:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Eric

No I hadn't looked before, YES it is interesting.    Funnily enough on speaking to one of Bill's cousins over the week-end, she promised to go to the Shakespeare centre for us to look up Bloxhams, Ingles, Alexanders and Mauncel/Mancels in the Visitations.   I have just asked if she could look up 3 Thomas Bloxham ones from a2a for me.

Thank you, I appreciate you sending this.

Regards

Eveline

Offline Lawrence99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 27 February 12 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello to everyone who has contributed to this set of posts, which I have only come across today.  Ralph Ingles alias Bloxam was my 10th great grandfather (through Robert, Richard, Thomas, Anthony, the Rev Matthew, Sir Matthew, William and onwards), so all the info is of tremendous interest.  I knew about much of it, but not the documents in the Stratford Centre, which I must clearly visit.  I am especially intrigued to learn the my Bloxam line might at one time have been Lords of the Manor of Aston sub Edge.  If between you there is any new information since 2008, I would be interested to hear.  I have a Bloxam pedigree which I can offer, as well as lots more info on the Bloxams.

I would also like to know how we might get in direct touch by email since it looks like a moderator removes email addresses from here.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing.

Lawrence Pearse

Offline cire

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 27 February 12 22:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lawrence
Welcome to RootsChat.
I am a
Beeston, Whithead & Towle
Allesley, Bloxham from c. 1815
Foleshill, Gee (Jee) Adams Millerchip
Burton Dassett, Bloxham to c. 1815

Offline Lawrence99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 27 February 12 22:49 GMT (UK) »
Hello Cire

Are you able to alert any of the other people who posted here to my interest?

Lawrence

PS  I have Bloxams in my direct line down to my maternal grandfather who died in 1941