Author Topic: Happy Christmas  (Read 11318 times)

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Christmas
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 04 December 04 20:15 GMT (UK) »
 Well I am English through and through so I will just wish

A VERY VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND A FANTASTIC NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE     SANDIE XXX
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Su

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Every time an Angel smiles a flower grows
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 05 December 04 21:18 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Sandie, and the same to you.

Love
Su  Miss Lancashire/Cheshire 2004
Barnett Altrincham/Manchester
Bates Hindley Lancs
Bowyer Altrincham Cheshire
Cunliffe Hindley
Hollingworth Hale Barnes/Mobberley Ches
Jones Salford/Altrincham
Ramsdale Hindley Lancs
Timperley Warburton/Dunham Massey
Yarwood Great Budworth,Lymm,Dumham Massey

All Census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 05 December 04 22:13 GMT (UK) »
I had an email today from an old friend who lives far north on the border of Finland and Norway and it is so interesting that I thought I should pass it on. He only has a part-time job [really seasonal] and so has a lot of time for genealogy and his family is quite unique. He writes to tell me this will be his last communication for some time as this is his busy season and he can hardly leave his grotto right now – he hasn’t even had time to shave for several weeks. His main business is ranching. Of course up there you cannot keep cattle so he keeps reindeer. He also does repairs of sleighs, bells, toys etc and ekes out a fair living. His wife, Tooth, [her maiden name was Fairy] has a full-time job as she goes from house to house every night removing recent tooth debris of young children from under their pillows and leaving a sum of money.
He complains about the huge volume of mail he has to deal with and has, as assistants, a few idlers from the National Elf Service who are all talk about targets and rather poor on delivery.
He also says that he has to go into a clinic every January due to having consumed [in a single night] 1,785,083 mince pies, 429,776 litres of milk plus sundry sticky sweets and toffees with bits of lint adhering.
Despite all of that he has been able to trace his ancestry right back to Saint Nicholas about 1600 years ago and has found countless cousins, all more or less in the same line of work, like Kris Kringle, Pere Noel, Santa Kuroshi and Basbouschka. He is confident that when the new site www.52BC-online is up and running he will be able to trace right back to one of Three Wise men. He assures me that a certain Gordon B. who pretends to be in the same line of work is not related.
In closing, because he has to shoe Rudolf, he assures me that the rumours about him being seen kissing Mummy are quite untrue – it was actually David Blunkett. If this ugly rumour persists he will be forced to appoint an Omission of Enquiry.
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 05 December 04 23:14 GMT (UK) »
                     BRILLIANT Hackstaple

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline Minn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 06 December 04 08:28 GMT (UK) »
LOL Hackstaple  ;D ;D

You nearly sucked me in with the first couple of sentences, till I realised we were on the Lighter Side  :D

Merry Xmas Rootschatters - from Australia XX
BROGRAVE - Norfolk
RYE - Hopton
LONG - Wiltshire/Somerset 
BROUGHTON/ GOODDY- Bawtry/Loversall CRESSWELL - Plymouth 
FOWLES - London 
DANIEL - Gloucester 
BARKER/STREET - Yorkshire
HAWKER - Kings Stanley
WARD - Cheltenham

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 06 December 04 10:32 GMT (UK) »
Well Done Hack... that deserves a really big star....

Mo
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 06 December 04 11:09 GMT (UK) »
Fab graphic Mo - may I steal it? :D
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 06 December 04 11:37 GMT (UK) »
Steal Away Hack... :)

Glad you like it...

Mo
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline Su

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Every time an Angel smiles a flower grows
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 06 December 04 12:27 GMT (UK) »
Hack
I'm falling about here ...
Barnett Altrincham/Manchester
Bates Hindley Lancs
Bowyer Altrincham Cheshire
Cunliffe Hindley