Author Topic: Spark Family Banchory Ternan  (Read 9661 times)

Offline Sparky53

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Spark Family Banchory Ternan
« Reply #9 on: Friday 08 April 05 21:11 BST (UK) »
Ellen

There is sure to be a link - it is just a matter of unravelling it!!

I don't have a Jane Reith but I have an Alexander Reith who married Agnes Sheriffs 1775 at Drumoak.

and I have an Elizabeth Douglass marrying a Robert Cooper, I don't know where but they had a daughter Agnes Cooper born Banchory Ternan 1837

Jane
Ridge, Keeling, Kelsall:- Longton and Fenton: Staffordshire
Pritchard:- Dawley, Salop & Wolverhampton
Spark:- Montrose, Angus and Banchory, Kincardine
Reith & Lyon:- Drumoak & Banchory, Kincardine
Ferguson, Maclean, Munro, Keil:- Boharm, Banff and Elgin
Fielder, Foot, Hatchard :- Portsmouth, Hants
Sooley, Portsmouth and Kent

Offline hgs46

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 28 August 21 22:30 BST (UK) »
Replying to an old post, so you may well have the answers you need. I have Douglass Ancestry and my notes say that Eliza Douglas (1815-1879) married Robert Cooper (1812-1885) on 14 April 1835. Their first born appears to be Agnes, followed by Margaret, James, Elizabeth, Robert, Catherine, George and then John. In 1841 and 1851 they were farming at Lochhead, Banchory Ternan. By 1881 they were farming at Quoscies, Fetteresso, Kincardineshire where both died. Elizabeth’s parents were James Douglas, farmer and Agnes Ogg. Robert’s parents were James Cooper and Margaret Ross. Note. I have also their last address as Quoscies, Cookney, Kincardineshire.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 28 August 21 22:59 BST (UK) »
Robert Reith Spark born 7 Sept 1855 Chapel of Garioch, Aberdeenshire.
I see that no-one has pointed out that this birth certificate, available from www.scotlandspeople, will tell you where and when Archibald Spark and Barbara Reith were born, and how many children they had had.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.