Author Topic: O'Brien Family in Sandfield, Liscannor  (Read 2789 times)

Offline Rooty40

• RootsChat Extra
  • My Nan Harriet O'Brien 1902-1985
    • View Profile
O'Brien Family in Sandfield, Liscannor
« on: Thursday 08 March 07 11:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi, this is my first post on the board.  I've been researching my family history for the past 6 years and am a bit stuck on the Irish side, my mother's family.

My grandad was a lot older than my grandmother and died some years before I was born.  He was called Mortimer O'Brien and was born in Sandfield, Liscannor on 15th June 1884, in a farming family.  He died in 1944 in Esher, Surrey.  I have his birth certificate and his parents were Mortimer (Murty) and Eliza, nee Carigg.  I recently found my grandfather on the school register for Ennistymon but nothing else on the Internet.  He served in WW1 for the British Army in the medical corps and returned to Co. Clare afterwards (brave considering the political climate at the time).  I know that Mortimer snr. was dead by 1925 because it says so on my grandparents marriage certificate.

My Nan was born in 1902 in Dublin and was called Harriet Wilson.  Her parents were Alexander and Elizabeth nee Brennan.

My question is, how can I find out more about my grandfather and great-grandparents please?  I've looked on the Clare census for 1901 and the Clare website.  I'm not sure where to start for my g-grandparents in Dublin.  Would appreciate any pointers please?
O'Brien, Wilson, Mickleborough, Mickelborough, Mickleburgh, Dublin, Co. Clare/Liscannor/Sandfield, Rotherhithe, Camberwell, Peckham, Nunhead, Great Yarmouth.

Offline Rooty40

• RootsChat Extra
  • My Nan Harriet O'Brien 1902-1985
    • View Profile
Re: O'Brien Family in Sandfield, Liscannor
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 October 07 18:48 BST (UK) »
This post has had a lot of view but disappointingly no replies so far.  I'm still no further on with finding out about my Irish ancestors so would really appreciate a pointer in the right direction. Many thanks  :)
O'Brien, Wilson, Mickleborough, Mickelborough, Mickleburgh, Dublin, Co. Clare/Liscannor/Sandfield, Rotherhithe, Camberwell, Peckham, Nunhead, Great Yarmouth.