Author Topic: Skinner/Herriot  (Read 3629 times)

Offline grammatj8

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Skinner/Herriot
« on: Friday 09 March 07 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Just a question, if I know that a couple got married Elizabeth Berry Skinner married George Herriet May 19, 1848 in Ormiston, East Lothian.  Is there a way to find out when they came to Canada of if in fact they came to Canada first or went to the United States first then came to Canada.  I think they came around 1849.  But I am not totally sure about that.  Any help would be appreciated.
Joanne
Johnston Guelph
Deuchars Scotland
Tierney Ireland
Brubacher
Shevers Scotland
Mitchell  - Fraser, Murray, Gauld, Metcalfe, Anderson,
Shand, Thain, Robson.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 'Girl with firewood'
    • View Profile
Re: Skinner/Herriot
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 March 07 13:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joanne

I would repost your query on the Emigrants board here on RootsChat. Hopefully someone with access to specific databases will be able to provide some answers:

www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/board,136.0.html

Regards.

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.