Author Topic: Trying to find - EVANS  (Read 3955 times)

Offline Tall Al

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Trying to find - EVANS
« on: Monday 12 March 07 21:14 GMT (UK) »
Having just discovered that GGrandfathers sister (Rebecca Williams b1851) married an Evan Evans, thought this may be the right place to find the family - I hope!!!
Evan, one of nine children of John Evans a Blacksmith, and Elenor Williams (married 1835 in Llanddyfnan), was born 1841 in Llanddyfnan and they married in 1870. Eight children followed - Sarah c1872, Ellin c1873, John c1876, William c1878, Owen c1880, Robert c1882, Adeline c1884, and Lina c1887. All were born in Llanedwen apart from Adeline who was born in Llangeinwen.
I think Evan died in 1890, age 49 and in the 1891 census the family were at Llanfair PG.  In the 1901 census Rebecca plus five children (not Sarah,John, or William) all incidentally still single, were at Shop Newydd, Llangeinwen, having taken over the Grocers shop. The shop was run by her father John Williams and other members of the family from c 1861 onwards. 
Has anybody any idea what might have happened to the family after that date? Presumably they remained in Anglesey - unless you know differently.

Any help that can be offered would be very much appreciated

Many thanks

Offline ManyLines

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to find - EVANS
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 August 22 17:21 BST (UK) »
It’s clear we’re family. Direct message?

Offline Tall Al

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to find - EVANS
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 August 22 07:41 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am sending you a personal message

Alan