Author Topic: Tasmanian lookup - LOCKE-WATERS family COMPLETED  (Read 10995 times)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Tasmanian lookup - LOCKE-WATERS family COMPLETED
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 08 August 09 14:38 BST (UK) »
No link to the ARCHERS.  Actually stayed at Brickendon Farm earlier this year.

Will pm you now.

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CAND

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 18 November 09 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cando
I am new to RootsChat - joined after reading your info on the locke Waters family. I have been trying to trace my Grandmothers ancestry for a long time and have only now been successful. Her name was Dorothy Davis, wife of Harold Davis, mother of Leslie Albert who was my father. Lad as he was called, married Marion Samson Reed who had six children, Ray, Marilyn, myself Candace, Alan, Lesley and Steven.
If you have access to Facebook you may find the research by Colleen Davis interesting. She has managed to acquire information dating back to the Ward family connection.
If you manage to hook up with this information please could you let me know how accurate it is and if possible any further information. I am particularly interested in anything regarding my Aunt Mary, Dorothy and Harold's daughter. We lost contact with her when she left for England and would love to know if she is still alive.
Many thanks
Candy

Offline CAND

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 18 November 09 11:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mary
My great grandmother was Mary Jane Locke Waters and my grandmother was Dorothy Davis married to Harold Davis. I am searching for any information regarding my Aunt Mary who left South Africa for the UK in the Sixties and we have had no contact with her since.
Please could you let me know if you have any info regarding her and any additional information you have on the Locke Waters and Ward families that has not been added to this post
Many thanks
Candace

Offline MaryDingle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 19 November 09 02:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello Candace
Thank you for your queries. Yes I have you added to our family tree and have quite a lot of Ward information but the Locke-Waters information is scanty but growing although I have precious little about Dorothy Mary Locke-Waters unfortunately. The family members seem to be scattered far and wide which is interesting but makes tracking them a real challenge. I haven't heard from anyone about a reason why Dorothy Mary would have gone to England or where she ight have gone to even commence searching. Any further information needs to be imparted using the personal message facility though Candace for privacy and security. I look forward to your further communications.
Best wishes
Mary

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 19 November 09 02:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Welcome to rootschat.

I have in my research that Leslie Albert died aged 36 with wife Marion and have you as one of their six children.

I have researched and shared the information for my OH's WARD family.  Mary Jane WARD's mother Rosa and my OH's gggrandmother Fanny STEGGALL were sisters.  I have also researched and shared the information on the WATERS' family as I had no information at the time of researching, of Henry Archer WATERS who was Mary Jane WARD's husband.

After one more post you can pm me and I will give you my email address.

Click on the green icon under my user name and a new window will open enabling you send a secure private message.

I have also been asked  to find Dorothy Mary DAVIS b. 21 Aug 1934.  I have trawled the deaths in the UK with no success.  There are a couple of possible death registrations, but she may be still alive.  Have you considered that she may settled in another country other than the UK.

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline enirethac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 14 March 10 05:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mary Dingle
I am the granddaughter of Jocelyn Locke-waters. I live in New Zealand, having moved here 5 1/2 years ago, from South Africa. I have very little time available to look up family history, but am very interested in it. Maybe one day when I retire I can spend more time on it. Where do you live?
My husband and I will hopefully be visiting Adelaide next year, to try and find out where my family lived and worked. We also hope to meet Cando and her other half, my 4th cousin - something I am looking forward to doing.
Cathy

Offline Stormraider

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 29 September 18 06:16 BST (UK) »
Thomas Alexander Waters Baptised 13 Oct 1810 in Durnford, Wiltshire, England is the son of John Waters Bap: 17 Apr 1785 Stratford, Wiltshire, England and Eliza Locke Bap:16 Feb 1787, Wylye, Wiltshire, England.
Eliza Locke is the sister of my 3x great grandmother Jane Locke who married John Archer, 1st Jun 1813 at St Margarets, Westminster, England.
John Archer was a tobacco and snuff manufacture in Tothill street Westminster and that business was passed onto his son John Alexander Archer on Johns death in 1841.
John Archer's youngest son Frederick Edwards Archer arrived in South Australia in 1852 and from memory Thomas Alexander Waters arrived in South Australia in 1838 with his second wife (dont quote me on that)
I just hope i have given you some insight to the Waters, Locke, Archer & Ollier surnames.

Offline cdd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 29 September 18 07:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the info about the Archers - we have been trying for a while to find out where the Archer came from in Evelyn Archer Locke-Waters' name.

Offline Stormraider

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 29 September 18 07:44 BST (UK) »
So glad I could help.
Eliza Locke's mother and her family can be traced back to around 1500 as her surname was Ollier.
I manage 5 dna kits for Archer descendants if your interested?
Dna kits are on GEDmatch, FTdna, My Heritage & some are on Ancestry please feel free to P.M if you would like the names and kit numbers.