Author Topic: hayes family  (Read 22704 times)

Offline helenc1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: hayes family
« Reply #45 on: Friday 15 May 09 18:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks

Offline harryhayes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 15 May 09 22:34 BST (UK) »
Helen,
Couldn,t really ask anyone to follow all this.   Lots of connections or co-incidences.
William Hayes to Wm and Mary 1805 Cheltenham
1832 Kendal, Wm marries Mary Camm of Lancaster (mothers name DIXON).
1839 and 49, Jane and C harles born to above.  Jane diappears off the map after 1851.
1861 Wm, Mary and Charles together with Dixons at Sun street, Lancaster.  Newtons next door.

Moving to an unconnected family?  William and Jane Swan, married 2.7.1814 Lancaster.  They had Alice who married John Newton in 1841.  Also Ellen who married Wm Stewardson . The odd Hayes and Newton appear on various census together with the name Black ;  Monks and Stewardson.

The only real connection is the marriage of CHARLES to Ellen Newton in 1875.  This is witnessed by  William Hayes Newton who is the son of John and Alice.  Surely that can' t be a co-incidence.

Ther are other co-incidences and inter-twining but too boring perhaps.

Just possible one of the above names might ring a bell with somebody.  Would love to know antecedents about  the William and Jane mentioned.  He was from what was Yorkshire but right on the boundary.
My William adopted the name variously Arkley; Arteley; Artley - where on earth did that come from.?

Happy days (read just before you go to bed, will ensure a good nights sleep)

Offline thomasinahayes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 29 August 10 20:35 BST (UK) »
I am descended from Thomas Hayes and Elizabeth Vickers (born 1786 and 1796 respectively).

I believe Thomas' parents were Richard Hayes and Margaret Minikin perhaps from Beetham.

It is intriguing that you have a family tree going back to 1600 and something. Are you able to post something of that family tree before 1800?

And what is the reference to Glastonbury?