Author Topic: Thomas Gray  (Read 42562 times)

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Gray
« Reply #63 on: Friday 26 October 18 09:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks an65

Yes i have found him ,he is the one you mentioned, son of charles gray. Charles is the son of cadilla gray who died aged 91 in 1824, it seems she was the sister of thomas and george,  you  wouldnt know who their parents were.

So Cadilla Grey was born about 1733? She would have been 34-ish at the time of Charles' birth?

In the IGI (Familysearch) there is this baptism around the time of Charles Grey's birth:
George Grey
Christening:   25 March 1767   ASHWELL, HERTFORD, ENGLAND   
Father:   Thomas Grey
Mother:   Elizabeth

Is this where the assumption that Thomas Grey married to Elizabeth is the brother of Cadilla Grey that produced a base born son called Charles Grey?
http://www.gypsygenealogy.com/showarticle.php?article_id=193

Charles Grey
Christening:   26 December 1765   ASHWELL, HERTFORD, ENGLAND   
Mother:   Cadilla Grey.

Amended I see you have this, When Thomas Grey and Elizabeth were sent to Horningsea parish, they must have had some evidence of some type or baptism for Thomas or Elizabeth, previous residence or a marriage for the poor law people to do this.
Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

Offline TMLStehbens

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday 21 July 20 09:26 BST (UK) »
Hi all Gray folk,

I am an Australian descendant looking for information on Henry Gray (b c1804) and children Sarah/Sally (b 1832), Leighton (b 1834), Drusilla (b 1836), Felix (b 1839) and Shadrach (b 1841), who emigrated to South Australia on the Osceola in 1851. I believe Henry is part of the same Gray family discussed in this thread - can anyone confirm?

Also, I'm looking to connect with other Australian descendants of Henry Gray in the hope of exchanging pictures/information on the family after their arrival in Adelaide. Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks
Tegan

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday 29 July 20 17:06 BST (UK) »
Henry Gray bap 1804 isleham Cambridgeshire s/o Robert Gray & Mary Leighton. Robert Gray b abt 1779 possibly s/o Thomas & Elizabeth.

Henry Gray married Mary King who died in 1845 at Mildenhall Suffolk. She was the mother of his children.

Offline PheobeGypsy13

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Saturday 31 July 21 13:41 BST (UK) »
Hi All. I'm finding this thread very interesting.
My 5th great grandmother was Kitty Gray, her father John Gray from this line and her mother was Mary Smith.
I've seen some people mention another wife called Ann? I have little to no info on Mary Smith. Or this Ann. Does anyone else have more info?
Tony Dixons 4th great grandmother was Kittys sister, Mary. He has written 3 books about Mary's husband William Ayers. They also had another sister Elizabeth Gray who married Anthony Valentino Smith. Who's mother was aquila Smith. They also had a brother who married into the King Family.

I'm very eager to speak to anyone about this family whether it is the Grays, Smith's or this Ann.

Thank you
Pheobe Steven's