Author Topic: 1861 census lookup for Michael McElligott  (Read 708 times)

Offline tipoom

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1861 census lookup for Michael McElligott
« on: Saturday 17 March 07 19:01 GMT (UK) »
Need help to locate Michael McElligott (born about 1833). Would any body be able to locate Michael McElligott in any UK census 1861 or 1851? I know that he was married to Mary (Leahy) McElligott and living in Dover in 1863. That info is confirmed,

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alain

Offline ChrisAllonby

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 census lookup for Michael McElligott
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 March 07 19:56 GMT (UK) »
In 1851 there is just one record that fits:

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

There is an 1841 record of Michael McElligott born 1826, Ireland. Nothing found in 1861.

Chris.
Allonby, Burns, Ibison, Park

Offline tipoom

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 census lookup for Michael McElligott
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 March 07 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chris,

Thanks for this fast reply. In the 1871 census he is identified as born in Ireland. Could you please send me the full details of what you found this would be greatly appreciated. I suspect that this could be a link to the family. I know for sure that his first son was born in Dover in 1863 so I am trying to identify when he did arrived in Dover knowing that he was born in Ireland in about 1833. Maybe you could see if you can find something about Mary Leahy his wife that might help me to understand where they got married and lived before 1863.

Thanks again for your help.

Alain McElligott