Author Topic: Lillicos  (Read 6731 times)

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Lillicos
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 18 March 07 21:19 GMT (UK) »
So, the same as the John Snr. we have in Selkirk with wife Ann...looking good.  Also John and Janet's first born looks to have been called John:

JOHN LILLICO   Birth: 21 MAY 1874 Peebles, Peebles, Scotland

Hopefully, the MC will confirm John's parents for you (let me know - I get curious ::)).

Regards.

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Titch Tutt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 18 March 07 21:24 GMT (UK) »
Yes, John was their eldest and he emigrated to South Africa.  I have had contact with his grand-daughter's daughter in-law in South Africa, as well have lost contact with other cousin who is the grandson of Robert Lillico.  I will send away for mc, hopefully it get me that much further ahead.

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 18 March 07 21:41 GMT (UK) »
On Scotland People site, you don't have to send away for certs., you can view them on line and then back them up on your computer to save/ print off etc. You have to buy units in blocks of 30 for £6GB. It will cost you £0.20 to carry out a search, then £1 to view results, so for £1.20 you can access the cert. on line..don't think you can get this cheaper anywhere else! The balance of units I'm sure you could use up with other searches (for example, John and Janet's parents' death certs. to get you back another generation etc).

Regards.

Monica

Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk