Author Topic: Essex Regiment WW1  (Read 7876 times)

Offline Wendi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Peeking into the past
    • View Profile
Re: Essex Regiment WW1
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 18 April 07 09:09 BST (UK) »
chris  ( under instruction from Wendi ;D)

Aw, Fanks Chris  ;D

Hi crozier

I asked Chris to take a look as I thought it was a Silver War Badge index card, and Chris would know for sure. All things pointed to him not going abroad, I was wondering how he got his injury......now we know he had an injury, I'm still wondering how he got it LOL

As Chris says, if you can't get to Kew yourself, a researcher maybe able to advance your research of him.

Wendi  :)

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it!  No matter if I have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason and with your own common sense" ~ Buddha

SCOTT ~ Monmouthshire & Glamorgan
BUCKLEY ~ Cork & Manchester
FRANKLIN ~ Clerkenwell, London
BRADY ~ Kildare & Manchester
DERICK ~ France
FRIEND ~ Kent & Portsmouth
TYLDESLEY ~ Lancashire

Offline Wendi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Peeking into the past
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 18 April 07 20:16 BST (UK) »
So crozier  ???  are you sucking your teeth or was it worth me roping my mate in?

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it!  No matter if I have said it,

DERICK ~ France
TYLDESLEY ~ Lancashire

Offline crozier

• RootsChat Senior
  • The past another country? Where's my passport?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 18 April 07 20:45 BST (UK) »
Ah, well...I dunno really. It's so very odd, I just don't know what to think. Strangely enough I did decide to call in the mounties to the rescue and get professional help. That was six months ago and inspite of emails, no answer. So I don't know what's going on. They did one excellent report for me on another member of my family, but George Harry seems to have slipped trhough the net. I decided to find out what I could but I don't seem to be getting anywhere fast.
It's also really odd that you say Harry was wounded without going abroad?? Coz that is exactly what happened to his eldest son the next time around. Going back to his regiment from leave, he was caught up in a bombing raid at Bow Road Tube, the blast took a piece out of his shoulder, and rear, and blew his heel and boot clean off. Ended up with a wooden leg when they were forced to amputate...
Not sure where I go from here with George Harry. Kew beckons, I think. But I'm grateful for all your hard work, I just wouldn't know anything at all otherwise.
C :-\
Abbott, Surrey&London. Criswell/Cresswell, Painswick Gloucestershire. MacKenzie, Midlothian&London. King, the Tarrant Valley Dorset&London. Foreman, West Ham. Peters, Bolney/Lewes Sussex&London. Sandgrove, West Ham. Sundgren,Sweden.

Offline Wendi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Peeking into the past
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 18 April 07 21:11 BST (UK) »
Sorry harribobs, next time they pay  ;D

Hi crozier,  as ami hists we work with the info available and from the info on this thread we have no info that proves the WW1 G H went abroad.

DERICK ~ France
TYLDESLEY ~ Lancashire

Offline crozier

• RootsChat Senior
  • The past another country? Where's my passport?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 18 April 07 21:15 BST (UK) »
As I said, I am really pleased that you took so much trouble on my behalf. I could have found none of that info. Thank you soooo much.
Abbott, Surrey&London. Criswell/Cresswell, Painswick Gloucestershire. MacKenzie, Midlothian&London. King, the Tarrant Valley Dorset&London. Foreman, West Ham. Peters, Bolney/Lewes Sussex&London. Sandgrove, West Ham. Sundgren,Sweden.

Offline harribobs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 18 April 07 23:52 BST (UK) »
you're welcome

just another point i might not have made clear, the SWB could be awarded for injuries substained anywhere while in service, even in in blighty!

Offline saxonmick

• RootsChat Extra
  • English-And-Proud of it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 24 February 08 16:02 GMT (UK) »
Seeking information on    Charles John Adams,
Territorial 1/6th Battn, Essex Regiment,1914-1918. Army num; 273869
 born Ongar Essex 1886, died 1945. 

Offline old rowley

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • first steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 25 February 08 10:58 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat and the Armed Force's board SaxonMick. You might find it better if you repost your search request as a new thread as it may get lost and over looked by others on this one. Many of the members do not revisit a thread once they have looked at it either to browse or to answer so a new one should attract more people to it.

old rowley
Claxton- East London & Essex<br />Cuthbert- Mile End East London <br />Edwards - East London & Essex<br />Goll- Norfolk<br />Harris-Mile End East London<br />Hurr - Suffolk<br />Law- Bethnal Green East London<br />Moll- East London<br />Robinson- Bethnal Green East London<br />Tait- Argyll & Glasgow<br />Thompson Shoreditch East london<br />Watson- Glasgow<br />Wood- Bethnal Green East London<br /><br />Local history interest; Noak Hill & Harold Hill Essex<br /><br />census information crown cop

Offline liverpool annie

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 26 February 08 00:02 GMT (UK) »
Seeking information on    Charles John Adams,
Territorial 1/6th Battn, Essex Regiment,1914-1918. Army num; 273869
 born Ongar Essex 1886, died 1945. 

Hi Mick .... welcome to RootsChat !

Can I ask you where you got your starting off information ? and can you tell us what you would like to know ? how much do you already know ?? .... so we don't go over old ground !!  ;D ;D

Annie  :)
Cooper : Muels : Howarth : Every : Price : King

http://web.archive.org/web/20130407030702/http://www.freewebs.com/liverpoolannie

http://web.archive.org/web/20130407191115/http://manchestersoldiers.webs.com

http://web.archive.org/web/20130807102055/http://www.powv.webs.com/
Be who you are and say what you feel -  because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind ! Dr. Seuss

Erect no gravestone .... let the Rose every year bloom for his sake ! Rilke Sonnets to Orpheus, I