Author Topic: Wilson born Wellington Shropshire  (Read 2582 times)

Offline baronfrankenstein

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Wilson born Wellington Shropshire
« on: Sunday 28 November 04 10:41 GMT (UK) »
I am having problems finding the birth of my GG Grandfather John Wilson. He was born in Wellington, Shropshire around 1847 and he married Jane Mainwaring/Mannering, also from Wellington, in 1874 in Stoke on Trent.
I have no idea of his parents names etc. Is there anyone that has any ideas. I have searched through 1837 online, Ancestry & FreeBMD to no avail. He must be there somewhere.

???

BF

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Wilson born Wellington Shropshire
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 November 04 11:16 GMT (UK) »
I have had a look at the 1871 census for John and there are 3 - 4 that fit his age!! I think if you have the date of his marriage to Jane then your best move would be to obtain the marriage certificate which would give his fathers name, this would enable you to hopefully trace him more easily on the 1871 census.
Nicky
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean