Author Topic: 1841 census Newton or Dinmore area- COMPLETED THANKS  (Read 1425 times)

Offline Kayzee

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1841 census Newton or Dinmore area- COMPLETED THANKS
« on: Monday 26 March 07 22:51 BST (UK) »
Can anyone find Hannah Wall nee Allsop for me. She was born in 1783 in Darley Dale, Derbyshire but married George Wall & they probably lived at Hope under Dinmore where he died in 1838. Hannah remarried John Thomas at Croft on 21.6.1841 (just after the 1841 census) & is found in 1851 as Hannah Thomas aged 67 born Darby (sic).
    She should be in the Dinmore area in 1841 as Hannah Wall but I have failed to find her. Her only daughter is married by this time & Hannah is not with her.Hannah did use a middle name of Loxley at her marriage to John might she be listed as this in error? Or is she with John Thomas, his age was given as 50 & he was at Newton Court, Newton in 1851. Was he there in 1841?

Alsop/allsop,Debanks,Pidock, Nevill, Milward,Loxley,Holmes,Wall,Garton,Lowe,Shepherd,Lintott

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline suffolk*sue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Catherine Sandys & Sarah Richardson,where are you?
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census Newton or Dinmore area
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 March 07 07:52 BST (UK) »

HO 107/429/3  -  Newton - Croft
Folio 3, Page 6 and 7
Newton Court

Hannah WALL - 50 - farmer
John THOMAS - 40 - male servant
Francis THOMAS - 35 - m.s.
Joseph THOMAS - 25 - m.s.
Luke JAMES - 14 - m.s.
William JAMES - 12 - m.s.
Elizabeth JAMES - 15 - female servant
Census information is Crown Copyright  -  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Kayzee

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census Newton or Dinmore area
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 March 07 23:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue,
           She was there all along but lying about her age! And marrying a toy boy & he the farm servant! I'm shocked - well not really, nothing has changed over the years has it. It goes to show that you have to trace them in every census because foolishly I'd assumed from the 1851 census detail that the poor widow had married the rich farmer, hadn't occurred to me that the rich widow had married the hired help & at 57 years of age! Well done Hannah! She outlived him too, he was dead before the 1861 census poor man.
        Anyway thanks Sue for coming to my rescue yet again! I've got the feeling our paths will cross again as some of these people insist on hiding from me although you will probably be surprised to hear that I do find some! One being Hannah's Great grandson who was in Dinmore which was in turn indexed on ancestry as being in the Dominican Republic! Similar of course but slightly different climate maybe!!
      Thanks so much, you deserve a medal,
              Kay

Alsop/allsop,Debanks,Pidock, Nevill, Milward,Loxley,Holmes,Wall,Garton,Lowe,Shepherd,Lintott