Author Topic: Crakanthorp surname, Essex  (Read 2993 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Crakanthorp surname, Essex
« Reply #27 on: Friday 13 November 20 09:24 GMT (UK) »
Samuel may have had a Sister?

If so he may be a witness to the Marriage of ELIZABETH Crakanthorp, Spinster to Benjamin WEDD 16 Jul 1776 Bocking
Benj of Fowlmer, Cambridgeshire
There is also a Marriage there 05 Nov 1782 for a BENJAMIN Crackanthorp Widower
(FreeREG)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline oliverhart

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 24 November 20 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Thanks trish 1120

Yes it all gets a bit complicated with the Crakanthorps and Wedds. Elizabeth's mother, Mercy Sunter, was first married to Nathaniel Wedd before marrying her father Benjamin Crakanthorp.  Elizabeth then married Benjamin Wedd, her first cousin. To further complicate things both familes replicate the same forenames, Benjamin, Samuel and Nathaniel over four generations - a Gordian knot!

I have the Crakanthorps pretty well documented back to about 1200 but I am trying to focus on George Hart, a brewer in Woodbridge who married Catherine Crakanthorp in 1806 in Norwich.  Any idea how I can find out more about him?
Any leads very welcome!
Crakanthorp
Crakanthorpe
Hart

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 26 November 20 12:09 GMT (UK) »
A very complicated Family!

I found the girls Catherine Mary and Sarah C Hart in 1851 but cant find them 1841 so far.
Catherine as you know is widowed 1851 Census

Appears to be them George/Catherine in 1841 in Earles Colne, Essex
George Hart   65 Independant, not born in County
Catherine Hart   55 born in County
Titus D Reynolds 35 Baptist Minister

A Tree has George dying 1849 but from GRO that George was age 1

There is one reg 1845 Halstead on FreeBMD but GRO doesnt seem to have it to confirm age.

A Mary Hart Muskett was a witness to the 1806 Marriage.

National Arcives has a Abstract of Will of Mary Hart Muskett of Newton Flotman, Norfolk    June 11 1808.
findagrave has a Burial 1808 for a Mary Muskett 1808 Tivetshall, Norfolk birth c 1781

We need the age of George from his Death Reg or Burial!

Trish :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline oliverhart

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 27 November 20 20:40 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Trish - very helpful, esp your observation about Mary Hart Muskett. The Musketts are the key and I have spend a lot of time scoping out the family and their frequent intermarriages with the Harts. I have downloaded Mary’s will at TNA http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/D7238579 but it is difficult to decipher, but I have ascertained that she was the daughter of Ephraim Muskett who was a malster https://one-name.org/name_profile/muskett/. As Charles was a brewer ( and Catherine’s father a wine merchant) I assume they were not only related but associated in business together.

I have subscribed to One-Name and am waiting to read the study on the Musketts, which I trust will give more clarity to the Harts.

Following George back the line now looks like:

George Hart 1775 - 1849 m Catherine Crakanthorp
Death registered Eng & Walkes Civil Reg Death Index  Oct 1849 Witham, Essex.
Charles Hart 1742 - 1814 m Mary Musket    - 1768
Charles Hart 1726 - 1788 m Ann Elliot 1717 - 1749
George Hart 1705-1759 m Mary Piggott 1705 -
George Hart ? 1680 - 1759 m Ann ???
George Hart  1648 - ?1720 m?
Thomas Hart  ??

Thanks so much for your insights - really helpful!

Oliver
Crakanthorp
Crakanthorpe
Hart

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 28 November 20 13:31 GMT (UK) »
I am glad I could be a little help.

I must say I am very impressed with the thoroughness of your research.

All the best :)