Author Topic: Troqueer Lookup - Cowan  (Read 2693 times)

Offline bc1946

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Troqueer Lookup - Cowan
« on: Friday 30 March 07 13:47 BST (UK) »
Could anyone possibly check the baptism of the following to see if there are any additional details:

Mary Cowan   Bapt. 3 Feb 1771  Father Allexandar Cowan. (From IGI)

Thanks

Bill

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Clingan

• My email address is not working sorry
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Troqueer Lookup - Cowan
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 April 07 00:37 BST (UK) »
Bill,
I have a Margaret Cowan marrying Alexander Clingan mid 1800's from that area. Do you have any information regarding her?
Thanks
Ian
Clingan, Kirkpatrick Durham, Kirkcudbright, Dumfries-shire, Liverpool, Australia, New Zealand, Canada
Boak, Liverpool
Markham & Grover, Reading, Berks

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline specialkg

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Troqueer Lookup - Cowan
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 April 07 17:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Bill

I looked up the Parish Records and I am afraid it only gives the father's name.  The address was Billbow.  I was told that it used to be near Rochell Road and Church Street in Troqueer.  If you would like me to check anything else out in this area give me a shout.

Betty