Author Topic: Bowraville Cemetery NSW  (Read 7645 times)

Offline CassT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Bowraville Cemetery NSW
« on: Sunday 01 April 07 06:41 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am trying to find information on HENRY JOHN COX who died in Bowraville  24 July 1937 and his wife SUZANNAH who passed away 29 Sept 1937.

I believe both Henry and Suzannah are buried in the Bowraville
Cemetery.

Has any body got any ideas on where I can obtain information on the Bowraville Cemetery

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Cass

Offline Robert Coble

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • crazy !!!! Crazy !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Bowraville Cemetery NSW
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 01 April 07 08:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Cass,
If this link works you will fine Bowraville cemetery there OK.

http://www.ozgenonline.com/aust_cemeteries/nsw/nsw1.htm#anchor6501
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Coble or Covell, Coule Australia, Canada, USA  @ England.
Barker Australia @ England
Walker Australia, England @ South America.
Bristol Australia @ England.
Nash Australia @ England.

Offline Cazay

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 01 April 07 13:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Cass

Henry and Susan Cox are listed here where you will find an email contact for the Bowraville cemetery.  The Bellingen Shire Council may be able to help as well.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~nswbelli/index.html

(click on Transcription Index at the bottom of the page and then Cemeteries and Burials)

Hope this helps

Cazay
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Essex; Livermore, Barker  Norfolk; Wood, Lack, Spurgeon, Long Wiltshire; Ricketts, Sealey, Dew  Lincs; Drage  Cumberland; McNicol, Bowman  Lancashire; Brogden, Davis

Offline CassT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 04 April 07 23:27 BST (UK) »
Cazay

Thank you , I was not aware of this site,

it was a great help

Cass

Offline Les de B

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 08 April 07 12:33 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am trying to find information on HENRY JOHN COX who died in Bowraville  24 July 1937 and his wife SUZANNAH who passed away 29 Sept 1937.

I believe both Henry and Suzannah are buried in the Bowraville
Cemetery.

Has any body got any ideas on where I can obtain information on the Bowraville Cemetery

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Cass

Hi Cass

How did you go with the websites supplied by Ozybob in his response to your request? If you found any grave references, I may be able to help you a little further, and supply you with some photo's of the graves if you wish?

Bowraville is about 500kms north of Sydney (where I live), however, my parents-in-law live at Bowraville, and I visit them every couple of months. We hope to visit them this April, but nothing is confirmed at this stage. I would be happy to photograph the graves for you if you want, providing I can find them there. I know of one cemetery at Bowraville, and being a small town, it would probably be the only one(?).

Regards

Les
de Belin, Swindail, Willcock, Williams, Moore, Watts, Searjeant, Watson, McCready, Reid, Spink, de Lancey, Van Cortland, and of course, Smith!

Offline CassT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 13 April 07 07:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Les
Sorry for the delay in replying, I have just returned from an Easter Break.

I did not have any luck with the site Ozybob suggested, my computor would not "connect" to the site however with Cazay's site I found details of burials at Bowraveille (1937-1945) and listed for 1937 are

COX Henry John  76 yrs Burial July 25 1937   Roman Catholic
Cox Susan           76 yrs Burial September 30 1937 Roman Catholic

The dates and Religion match the data I have located , the only difference being the given name of Henry John's wife , I have Suzannah not Susan.

If you have the time to locate the grave and if there is a headstone I would love a photos, I will send you a private  message with my email address.
I have no idea the size of the Cemetery, I have sent emails to the Council regarding the Cemetery and grave sites  however have received no reply.

Regards

Cass

Offline Les de B

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 14 April 07 06:04 BST (UK) »
Received your private message and email address - which I have replied to. The cemetery wasn't too big, about 20 rows or so deep, and found the graves in about the 4th row. Photo's to be sent in the next couple of days. I did a quick check of the NSW BDM's site, and information on their children tallies with graves next to them, so I took their photo's as well. They were the older children. I didn't find the graves of the children who died in infancy.

By the way, I couldn't open up the site Ozybob gave you either. Must be an old site?

Regards

Les

de Belin, Swindail, Willcock, Williams, Moore, Watts, Searjeant, Watson, McCready, Reid, Spink, de Lancey, Van Cortland, and of course, Smith!

Offline CassT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 17 April 07 00:11 BST (UK) »
Les, all photos and wonderful information have arrived.

I wish to thank Les for the time he has spent researching the Cox family, and
for the wonderful photos he has taken at the Cemetery and the Local Museum. I was hoping to be lucky enough to obtain 1 photo of a headstone, and I have received from Les a total of 30 photos of family members, family homes,  Cemetery and headstone, in addition to family "stories" .

Les , once again my thanks

Cass ;D

Offline 123andrewpeter

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 15 June 10 11:54 BST (UK) »
Just browsing over internet and saw your requests for information on John Henry
Cox buried in bowraville N.S.W Australia 1937. My name is Andrew Peter Cox, my father Peter John Cox, my grandfather Leo Allan Cox, and His father was John Henry Cox. Would be interested if you had further information on the Cox Family tree. I know John Henry Cox Father was Henry John Cox and wife Mary Jane Cox. Unaware D.O.B and Place of Henry John Cox, possibly Australia/England/Ireland. I Have large family tree information from Henry John onwards.
love to hear a reply.