Author Topic: Bowraville Cemetery NSW  (Read 7634 times)

Offline CassT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Bowraville Cemetery NSW
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 June 10 00:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Andrew

Thanks you for your Post, I am still on the search of the Cox family, will send you a PM

Regards

Cass

Offline cox.philip

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bowraville cox family
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 04 August 16 08:47 BST (UK) »
hi to all cox family researchers.  My grandfather was James Joseph Cox who worked in the post office at Bowraville until 1917, then moved all over the state working in various post offices.  I have an extensive family tree that my uncle, Ken, made and have since collated a huge folio on the life of James (mostly) and some of his brothers and sisters.
I'd be happy to share these and to receive anything you have on the extended family.

Offline cox.philip

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 04 August 16 08:58 BST (UK) »
hi,  My uncle created a family tree and his information places that henry John Cox was born in 1862 at Smithtown, NSW and died at Bowraville in 1937.  He married Susannah Connelly who had been born in 1863 at County Tyrone and died in 1937 at Bowraville.  Henry John Cox's parents were Henry Cox born in 1829 Holborn , England and died 1878 at Rainbow reach.  He married Mary J keenan who was born circa 1833, Ballimore, Ireland and died 1907 at Kempsey.  Henry's parents were John William Cox born Harrow-on-the Hill, Middlesex, England in 1792 and died in Sydney in 1848.  He married Charlotte Hurdle in 1813 in London England.  Charlotte died in 1841.  John William Cox's father was a John Cox who had married a Anne Williams but I have no details about either of them.

I can't be 100% sure my uncle's research was 100% accurate but I believe that he was very thorough and accept that the details are accurate.

Philip Cox

Offline cox.philip

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 04 August 16 09:21 BST (UK) »
hi cass I have some information on them.  they are my great grand parents. 
philip

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 04 August 16 13:07 BST (UK) »
Austcemindex has some photos of some of the COX graves at Bowraville, including John and Susan.

http://austcemindex.com/?cemetery=bowraville&state=NSW

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CassT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 12 August 16 05:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Philip, nice to hear from you.
 I remember that I was contacted by I think by a Cox who lived in the Wollongong area,  it must be at least 5 or 6 years, regarding the Cox family. the chap's  father was James Joseph son of Henry John Cox and Suzannah who lived in Bowraville.

The information you have appears to be the same as I have ,only difference is that Henry John's grandfather was named John Williams Cox. Also I have been unable to establish when John Williams Cox wife Charlotte died in London, or when Henry the son of John Williams Cox arrived in Australia. It must have been sometime between 1841 and 1858, John Williams Cox arrived in 1841 and Henry married Mary Jane Keenan in 1858.

Good luck with your search, I have not done much on the Cox family for years, as I came to a lot of dead ends. If you think I can help with anything send me a PM with your email address 
Regards
Cass

Offline Bennick13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 01 September 18 06:37 BST (UK) »
Hi all , I'm looking for photos of the Cox family from Bowraville NSW.  John Cox was my grandfather who married Jean Jeanette Mchugh.  Any help would appreciated.  Debbie

Offline cox.philip

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 01 September 18 13:23 BST (UK) »
hi,

My grandfather was james Joseph Cox.  He married Bertha Lillian Pinder.  james was the brother of Leo Allan Cox.  I have an extensive family tree and would be happy to exchange details especially photos etc.

Offline cox.philip

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 01 September 18 23:29 BST (UK) »
hi Debbie,

I have a photo of Henry John Cox (at least my father said it was his grand father) who I believe was known as John Cox because his father was henry Cox and I guess using the middle name avoided confusion in the home.  Just checking - the John Cox you asked about married Suzannah Connelly?  I would happily send you a copy.  The children in the photo include my father, Noel, and some of his brothers.  I'd like to swap any information you have and as we are cousins include you and your family in the Cox tree if you are open to that.