Author Topic: Price - Tan Lan Trefeglwys  (Read 3209 times)

Offline Priceless

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Price - Tan Lan Trefeglwys
« on: Monday 29 November 04 10:49 GMT (UK) »
Looking for birth date of  Herbert Price - about 1852  and Hannah Rowlands also abt 1852.  Assume Hannah from same area.
Herberts father was Samuel and Hannahs Da was Stephen.
H & H married about 1870-4 and my Taid born 6/1874 residence given as Tan Lan (farm/cottage?)  Left for Oz in 1879 with another son Edward b.1876
Anyone help confirm  dob and marriage.  There may have been a deceased female pre June 1874.
Thanks - Priceless

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Price - Tan Lan Trefeglwys
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 December 04 11:32 GMT (UK) »
Priceless,

You could try looking for them on these sites as a starting point:

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/  Free search of births, marriages and deaths. Transcription of the index is incomplete so they might not be on there yet.

http://www.1837online.com/Trace2web/  Search the entire copy of the births, marriages and deaths index.  searching is free, but view the pages you have to pay.  See the Payment section.

Hope this helps

Jan :)

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Priceless

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 January 05 07:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jan

Sorry for late response but I have been on holidays and thinking of myself and not any ancestors.

I went back to Free BMD and found a marriage record, plus Hannah's birth record - and several for Herbert Price. 

Shall get the marriage record and see what it says about Herbert from that.

Thanks - Carol

Offline Priceless

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 January 05 07:02 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jan

Sorry for late response but I have been on holidays and thinking of myself and not any ancestors.

I went back to Free BMD and found a marriage record, plus Hannah's birth record - and several for Herbert Price. 

Shall get the marriage record and see what it says about Herbert from that.

Thanks - Carol