Author Topic: Price - Tan Lan Trefeglwys  (Read 3513 times)

Offline Priceless

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Price - Tan Lan Trefeglwys
« on: Monday 29 November 04 10:49 GMT (UK) »
Looking for birth date of  Herbert Price - about 1852  and Hannah Rowlands also abt 1852.  Assume Hannah from same area.
Herberts father was Samuel and Hannahs Da was Stephen.
H & H married about 1870-4 and my Taid born 6/1874 residence given as Tan Lan (farm/cottage?)  Left for Oz in 1879 with another son Edward b.1876
Anyone help confirm  dob and marriage.  There may have been a deceased female pre June 1874.
Thanks - Priceless

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Price - Tan Lan Trefeglwys
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 December 04 11:32 GMT (UK) »
Priceless,

You could try looking for them on these sites as a starting point:

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/  Free search of births, marriages and deaths. Transcription of the index is incomplete so they might not be on there yet.

http://www.1837online.com/Trace2web/  Search the entire copy of the births, marriages and deaths index.  searching is free, but view the pages you have to pay.  See the Payment section.

Hope this helps

Jan :)

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Priceless

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 January 05 07:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jan

Sorry for late response but I have been on holidays and thinking of myself and not any ancestors.

I went back to Free BMD and found a marriage record, plus Hannah's birth record - and several for Herbert Price. 

Shall get the marriage record and see what it says about Herbert from that.

Thanks - Carol

Offline Priceless

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 January 05 07:02 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jan

Sorry for late response but I have been on holidays and thinking of myself and not any ancestors.

I went back to Free BMD and found a marriage record, plus Hannah's birth record - and several for Herbert Price. 

Shall get the marriage record and see what it says about Herbert from that.

Thanks - Carol