Author Topic: John Compton - Born Grately 1806  (Read 1901 times)

Offline KittoFitz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: John Compton - Born Grately 1806
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 08 August 19 09:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Jill - I will have a look at the boorman tree.
I cannot see how to attach a Word document ?  It has photos. It does say 'attachments and other options' but no option to do it or am I just being stupid ?

Susan
Kitto, Fitzmaurice, Compton, Margetson

Offline wincott

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Compton - Born Grately 1806
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 08 August 19 16:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan

Don't worry about it - I have no idea how to do it either. Would this have been something you may have sent me ages ago?  I have a box of things which I know includes some photos. Once I get a minute I intend going through it to see what it actually holds. I packed up work about 5 years ago, and thought I would have loads of time, but it turned out quite the opposite. My son Gary had a stroke - he was 49 - he lives alone and has carers but still needs help from me. Then my son David had a complete breakdown - the last person one would expect - and was then diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, so is still not working. My 89 year old husband has Alzheimers. I seem to spend my time in and out of doctor's surgeries, and hospitals!! I wanted to be a nurse when I left school - my Dad was not happy about it, so it didn't happen. He used to say "be careful what you wish for". I don't mind, as at least they are all still here, so things could be a lot worse.
Where are you living now?  I have lived in Horsham all my life. It has changed a lot over the years, and has become "a very large building plot". New houses and flats are being squeezed in, and large estates rising everywhere. Problem is we do not have the schools, doctors, dentists, etc etc to cope with all of the newcomers, and the countryside is vanishing.
All the best
Jill