Author Topic: Epton Surname  (Read 31324 times)

Offline flatlander

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Epton Surname
« Reply #27 on: Friday 11 September 09 20:42 BST (UK) »
Susannah Epton born 1825 Huttoft Lincolnshire was my GG/Grandmother.  She married Charles Bradley in October 1845.

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 20 September 09 14:42 BST (UK) »
Susannah was d/o James Epton and Mildred Jackson, and James (c.1803 Huttoft) was s/o John Epton and Elizabeth Wilyman. John was c.1778 Huttoft, and his father was John Epton (b.1754 Mumby) married Mary Grant. This John was s/o John Epton and Mary Kidd who also had Festus Epton.

Offline skeggie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 05 October 09 12:33 BST (UK) »
Well going backwards, Festus & Ann - Festus was s/o Festus & Rhoda (Western/Westerman) and he s/o John & Mary nee Kidd.

In turn this John was s/o John & Elizabeth and that John was s/o Charles & Mary nee Preston. This Charles was a product of the marriage of John Epton b.1831 Hogsthorpe, married an Elizabeth before he married a further 3 times: Elizabeth Taylor, Margaret (Holmes?) and finally Elizabeth Hogdson/Hodson.

His father was Robert Epton who married Dorothy Bolton and later Elizabeth Wallis, and his father Robert who married Elizabeth Maltby and then Chystina Dowse. I believe this Roberts parents were Richard and Elizabeth nee Copeldike.

Hope you don't mind me joining in this thread but got a bit lost with this one wouldn't Charles need to be born before 1831 but the rest looks good and informative. My grandfather was Arthur Allen Epton married to Elizabeth White My father Ronald Epton B 19 jun 1924 . Arthur (allen was his perferred name) was S/O William & Sara Cox  Unless anyone know any different, he was born 04 Jul 1894. He had 7 brothers but I seem to think that William had 2 wifes but can't find the info at the moment.

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 18 October 09 14:42 BST (UK) »
oops - I meant

1631!!!

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 19 October 09 15:31 BST (UK) »
Skeggie, Was your father a railway fireman at Boston, and later a driver at Peterborough after Boston depot closed?
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline skeggie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 19 October 09 19:21 BST (UK) »
Ronald my Father did not work for the railway he was in the RAF during the war then had a travelling shop then became a partner in a Village shop at Candlesby. Sorry my father didn't know yours.

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 20 October 09 15:24 BST (UK) »
Are you aware of any connection to the Ron Epton who was on the railway at Boston, seems somewhat coincidental for there to be 2 Ron Eptons approx the same age if there was no family connection .
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline skeggie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 21 October 09 23:02 BST (UK) »
Sorry My family has no close connection with the Boston Eptons.  I have very little info on this part of the family But I can say that my Father was nothing to do with the railway.

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 22 October 09 15:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks Skeggie, It's just that I would like to contact the Ron Epton I knew if he is still living as I believe he was writing a book which was of interest to me.