Author Topic: Crossmolina Church Records  (Read 160868 times)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Crossmolina Church Records
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday 12 September 17 20:35 BST (UK) »
This is a PS to my previous post. Some of my family were from Castlebar. Regarding the comment about some of the registers being "in great disarray".  I eventually found all baptisms of one family by reading each page for the appropriate time span. I should say "peering at and scrutinising each page". Some transcriptions were way out. I had the advantage of civil birth registrations for the youngest children, so there was a DOB to search around.
Since all you have as a POB for Matthew Donnelly is "near Castlebar" he may not have been born in the parish itself. He may have stated Castlebar as the name of the nearest large town. If you can't find his baptism in Castlebar, search adjacent parishes. At least you have his parents' names and mother's maiden name. If you still can't find him, start a new thread.
Moran is an extremely common name in Mayo. I suggest concentrating on Matthew Donnelly for now as you have more info on him.
Cowban

Online Poppy62

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: Tuesday 12 September 17 21:39 BST (UK) »
Thank you

Rosie

Online Poppy62

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: Tuesday 12 September 17 21:43 BST (UK) »
Thank you both to Diski and Maidenstone for your advice,. I will take this on board when looking for my elusive ancestors.

regards Rosie :)

Offline jhl2022

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: Thursday 07 April 22 21:07 BST (UK) »
Diski
Thank you very much for this information. I would appreciate any additional information that you may come across.

Also, what is your opinion regarding these two people? 17 Feb 1855 Sabina: Feb 1857 Sibby

Lynns were from Dooleeg/Dooleegmore.

Again, a big THANK YOU!
Slainte, Jack

I'm a descendent of Denis Lynn, here's some info Jack: http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Mayo/Derry/Dooleeg_More/1574479/