1 (3.8%)
Wrexham
2 (7.7%)
Welshpool
1 (3.8%)
Other (Please specify and explain)
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: HOW ABOUT A WELSH ROOTSCHAT MEET?  (Read 24565 times)

Offline Vicky

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: HOW ABOUT A WELSH ROOTSCHAT MEET?
« Reply #54 on: Friday 15 April 05 19:00 BST (UK) »
I will be going too.  ;D

But thought I would let you know that there is a big football match in Cardiff, so the M4 will be busy!

http://www.millenniumstadium.com/301_426.php

Traffic information can be found here

http://www.millenniumstadium.com/3473_4437.php

Vicky
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Surnames: THOMAS, COPE, COOK(E), JONES!, HYBART, SELBY, HANSFORD, DAVIES, RICHARDS, HOARE, CRIDDLE, BROOM.
Counties: Glamorgan, Monmouth, Gloucester, Brecon, Hereford,

Offline Amy K

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Genealogy: Chasing your own tale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 16 April 05 10:00 BST (UK) »
As the fair is on from 10am - 5pm, it may be worth "coordinating" a time when we are all there at the same time. Some people may only be able to come for a couple of hours and it would be a shame if we all missed each other.
Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Welsh Jen

• Dyfal donc a dyr yr garreg!
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 17 April 05 16:59 BST (UK) »
Well I sure missed all the Rootschatters!  ::)

I did go and thoroughly enjoyed & came away with some goodies!  ;D

Unfortunately I did not bump into any other Rootschat users  :( I was at the fair from 11:30 - 2:30pm My 4 yr old couldn't cope with her boredom any more!  ;D so I had no choice but to come away without seeing any of you.

Did chat to many others in the same genealogical circles as myself though so came away happy.

Hope you all enjoyed too!
Regards Jen  :D

Offline Ladkyis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Still searching for those darned actors
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Sunday 17 April 05 18:26 BST (UK) »
I was there too, on the Gwent FHS stand with my husband and grandson. Met Berlin-Bob - Hi again Bob, and Amy K - Hi Amy - and let me tell you she is cuter than her picture! My grandson was very taken with Amy.
the fair was very busy and I managed one quick walk around at about 3.30pm and then had to rush back when I saw that the Gwent FHS stand was surrounded. I am just about to check the takings for the day and try to balance the stock against the takings - I might not get back here today.
Ann
GIBBON, MCDADE, BRIDGER, GUILFOYLE, MACEY, JOHNSON, BELLEW, NATHAN, GEORGE, CLARKE.

Offline Amy K

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Genealogy: Chasing your own tale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Sunday 17 April 05 20:14 BST (UK) »
Ladykis, it was a pleasure to meet you and your family. I'm very disappointed that I missed everyone else - I was wearing my Rootschat t-shirt especially so people would know who i was!!

A good event nevertheless, came away with some goodies that I intend to put through their paces later tonight!

Amy
Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline SS from The Rhondda

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 17 April 05 21:38 BST (UK) »
I was there 10.00 until around 11.30 with my wife & baby son.

I had a brief chat with Berlin Bob - I first recognised him from his daughter's drawing, then saw the RootsChat badge.

I saw Ladkyis ( it does look like Ladykis, doesn't it!) on her stall, but didn't have chance to say hello as she was very busy.
Didn't see anyone who looked like AmyK, and we must have just missed WelshJen and family by minutes.

Our son (now 14 mths old) was getting restless as he had been awake since 6am.
We had to leave to take him home for feeding & his afternoon nap - otherwise he would have screamed the place down!

We did come away with plenty of items to aid with our research, though.

Perhaps next year we should co-ordinate our timings a bit better. Or even have our own RootsChat stall...

Offline Ladkyis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Still searching for those darned actors
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Monday 18 April 05 00:17 BST (UK) »
Why wait until next year? Gwent FHS Open Day - free admission - Is at County Hall Cwmbran on June 11th from 10am to 4pm. Refreshments available and at the last count there will be 48 different stands.

This time there could be a decision on a specific time to gather - and a place. I would say 12 noon in the Foyer and wear a badge or something! or there is Powys Open day on August 6th. The Flash Leisure Centre, Salop Road, Welshpool

Or there is Gloucester Open Day on April 23rd at the Crypt School,

OH and did you know that there is a difference between a family history fair and a family history Open Day? Well, you have to pay to get into a fair but Open Days are free - I suppose that's why they are called "open" days. Duh! That was me having a bimbo moment! :-[

Ann
GIBBON, MCDADE, BRIDGER, GUILFOYLE, MACEY, JOHNSON, BELLEW, NATHAN, GEORGE, CLARKE.

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday 19 April 05 07:28 BST (UK) »
Back in Berlin again !

I enjoyed myself on Sunday.  My family came down to Wales to visit (Sister, Aunt and Uncle) so I could only stay till 12.  Better luck next time !
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)