Poll

Where would you be able to attend a Rootschat Meeting?

London
York
Only in my Region
Other (Please explain below)
I couldn't/wouldn't come wherever it was

Author Topic: RootsChat Meeting #2  (Read 13354 times)

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
Re: RootsChat Meeting #2
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 30 November 04 19:32 GMT (UK) »
Coming from Scotland makes the midlands harder :( .  It's far cheaper to fly from Edin/Glas to London than drive or train off the beaten track. 

I'm all for going with the popular vote but if it isn't a main line station the from north (and south) I'm stuffed.

Wales would be nigh on impossible for me - it's going to take me 8 hours and about 4 trains to get to see me mam in Snowdonia this christmas.

Can I request if the options are diversifing from York and London can you at least make sure there is an airport nearby (i.e. within an hour) that Easyjet fly to.  That means Nottingham, Bristol, London, Belfast, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Newcastle.  Or at least the GNER or Virgin West Coast goe through.  Just to give us Scots a fighting chance of getting there.

P ;D

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!

Offline kmo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 01 December 04 13:06 GMT (UK) »
Since people like Bristol because of the road, rail  and air links.
Howabout Saturday the 9th of April. There's a big Family History shindig there that day.

http://www.bafhs.org.uk/programme.htm

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 01 December 04 13:18 GMT (UK) »
Bristol ?     Bristol !       Bristol !!       Bristol !!!

There's an EasyJet flight direct from Berlin, so that would make it at least a possibility for me ! 
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Amy K

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Genealogy: Chasing your own tale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 01 December 04 13:49 GMT (UK) »
Since people like Bristol because of the road, rail  and air links.
Howabout Saturday the 9th of April. There's a big Family History shindig there that day.

http://www.bafhs.org.uk/programme.htm

Sounds Brill!!!!!
Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Welsh Jen

• Dyfal donc a dyr yr garreg!
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 01 December 04 13:59 GMT (UK) »
I can do Bristol  ;D

My husband is a transport manager  :P I recently discussed this issue with him and he said for all his Welsh meetings most businesses meet around the Birmingham region due to it being easier for most to be able to get to....................Hmm anything going on in Brummy land tho?  ;)
http://www.bdlha.org/

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 01 December 04 18:34 GMT (UK) »
I will have to fly in to any of the choices... but am as determined as I can be to get to wherever and whenever it is... England, Scotland, Wales...  ;D

If it was London... any airport lol... York... Leeds/Bradford airport.... Bristol (they have their own...)  all in all I am as flexable as I can be... if its too far from an airport then could someone let me know about car hire etc... and I would need to stay over so a choice of hotels would be nice too... ;D ;D

Let me know the where and when and I will have to be chained up to not be there...:) :) :)

Best Wishes

Mo
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline Geoff of Devon

• I have turned off notifications of new replies to my posts.
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 01 December 04 20:16 GMT (UK) »
Bristol would be great for us in the South West  ;D
All lookups are crown copyright

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 01 December 04 23:32 GMT (UK) »
Anywhere would do for me.  ;)

Just put into multimap and York is 120 miles and Bristol 150 so no difference to me!!

Have car will travel - anyone on the look out for a lift from Shropshire?

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline Barry Emmott

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 01 December 04 23:42 GMT (UK) »
 ;D I voted for London but having seen all the responses I'll vote for Bradford, then I can do a little local research and even stay with a relative !! Must be fairly central for England/Wales/Scotland !!
Cheers,
Barry
Emmott - Yorkshire, Hampshire and London
Alford - London
Muirhead
Longes