Author Topic: STONE Family from Leigh in the parish of Yetminster in 1700s  (Read 3020 times)

Offline Peter Ferreira

• RootsChat Member
  • Wilts, Dorset, Berks and Somerset ancestry
    • View Profile
STONE Family from Leigh in the parish of Yetminster in 1700s
« on: Thursday 12 April 07 23:45 BST (UK) »
Is anybody out there researching the family of STONE, who were in Withyhook Mill in Leigh, in the parish of Yetminster, Dorset. 

John STONE, bp in 1713 in Yetminster, was a son of Thomas and Elizabeth STONE.  In 1763, in Piddlehinton, he married Lydia KELLAWAY, who was a daughter of John and Sarah KELLAWAY.  John and Lydia had issue.  John died in 1803 in Piddlehinton.     

1.  Thomas STONE, bp in Sydling in 1766;  married in 1793 in Yetminster to Grace PAUL;  Thomas and Grace lived in Chelbury and then in Leigh;  they had five known daughters;  Thomas died in 1807. 

2.  Sarah STONE, bp in Piddlehinton in 1773;  married, in Piddlehinton, to John CHAMEN;  John and Sarah had two known sons:  William CHAMEN, born in Piddlehinton in 1794 and John CHAMEN. 

3.  John STONE, born about 1771;  in 1793, in Holwell, he married Mary EARS;  John and Mary lived in Piddlehinton and in Leigh and they had issue. 

4.  Henry STONE, born about 1776;  in 1798, in Piddlehinton, he married Jane TIZARD;  they farmed in Piddlehinton Manor Farm where they had issue, the subject of my previous posting in this list. 

I would like to contact any researher of this family and to share STONE family history research notes.

Best wishes. 

Peter Ferreira.

ROPER of Chideock, Powerstock & Winterborne Whitchurch, Dorset
LAWRENCE of Wilts, and Berks
MAYO of Poxwell, Friar Waddon (Portesham) & Frome St. Quintin, Dorset
STONE of Piddlehinton, Dorset
CHISMAN of Castle Eaton & East Knoyle, Wilts
RUMSEY of West Knoyle & Mere, Wilts
HULL of Sutton Benger, Wilts & East Woodhay, Hants
FOWLER of Winterborne Whitchurch & Abbotsbury, Dorset, and of Cudworth, Som.
GAPPER of Winsham, Som.
PHELPS of Shepton Beauchamp, Som.
SYMONDS of Somerset & Dorset

Offline HHLondon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: STONE Family from Leigh in the parish of Yetminster in 1700s
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 January 21 16:36 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Stone (1706-1776), sister of Thomas Stone (1708-1795), wife of Giles Hayward, was my 6th great-grandmother. If you have any research on Thomas and Elizabeth Stone the parents of my Elizabeth and your Thomas, I'd love to see it.