Author Topic: Hannah Stubbs of Lancaster, a hard working lady  (Read 1562 times)

Offline jsearch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hannah Stubbs of Lancaster, a hard working lady
« on: Friday 13 April 07 14:12 BST (UK) »
Hannah Stubbs was born in Lancaster in 1797. She married William Jackson who was born in 1796. The couple married on the 8th Nov 1823 at St Marys Lancaster. Their children were Hannah b.1828 Lancaster,Thomas, Ellen,Mary, Jane,Willliam, and Issac. The family lived in Castle Hill, Lancaster.
Williams occupation was a shoemaker, Hannah was a nurse. In 1851 she was by now a widow,bringing up her family and also working as a nurse. In 1861 Hannah,with children grown up, was still working as an Nurse / Domestic living with the Stringley family in Lancaster.
Her daughter Hannah, married William Lynch,a mariner on 24 November 1849 at St Marys Lancaster.the couple moved to Liverpool.
Can anyone help me please with my research ? I would be interested  to find out if Hannah (nee Stubbs ) was buried in St Mary's Lancaster,also whom her parents were if anyone can look up Baptism records at St Mary"s or tell me how I can access them.
Adams from Belfast Ireland and Liverpool. Sergeant from Liverpool. Smith from Liverpool. Stubbs, Jackson, Lynch from Lancaster and Liverpool. Graham from Workington Cumberland and Birkenhead Cheshire. Jackson from Chatham Kent and Birkenhead Cheshire. Holmes from Birkenhead Cheshire.

Offline Sisterjane

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Castle Hill Huddersfield...Im Here..Where are They
    • View Profile
Re: Hannah Stubbs of Lancaster, a hard working lady
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 April 07 15:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Jsearch

Not answering your question but Ive found this in the 1841 cencus and not living far from the Jacksons

HO107/554/10-34-17
Lancaster

James Stubbs 73 not born in county       Overlocker
Mary     " 42            "
James Jackson 15 b Lancaster

James could be Hannahs father.

Joe
Kershaw, Longbottom,Parvin
Areas  Huddersfield, Brighouse, Rastrick ,Thirsk, Sand Hutton
Masters in London/Surrey
Cencus information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jsearch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hannah Stubbs of Lancaster, a hard working lady
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 April 07 18:05 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Joe,
This info could be helpful. I beleive there was only record of 1 Stubbs family in the area.I will copy the census details and keep for future reference.
                    jsearch
Adams from Belfast Ireland and Liverpool. Sergeant from Liverpool. Smith from Liverpool. Stubbs, Jackson, Lynch from Lancaster and Liverpool. Graham from Workington Cumberland and Birkenhead Cheshire. Jackson from Chatham Kent and Birkenhead Cheshire. Holmes from Birkenhead Cheshire.