Author Topic: Family mystery  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Family mystery
« on: Tuesday 17 April 07 23:07 BST (UK) »
I have a photograph which I believe relates to my mother's mother's family name of Williams who I have found living in Dolwyddelan and Festiniog.
The photo is however of the Mill House in Edeyrn. I have visited the house and taken a photo from a similar viewpoint and both photos are shown below. I spoke to the occupiers and an elderly local but cannot find what the connection might be. The original photographer was from Reading and this draws a complete blank in my family who are all from Wales. It may of course be a journeyman but it seems a long way.
What I would like to find is approximately when the photo was taken and if anyone knows about the Mill's history. There were William's living there in the 1880's but they do not seem to tie in with my family.
Any help gratefully received. I trust the photos will be of a reasonable size but may have to have another go!

Diolch

Peter
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Family mystery
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 April 07 23:26 BST (UK) »
oops
try again
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"