Author Topic: Pedlow Ligoniel  (Read 3146 times)

Offline Quarere verum

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Pedlow Ligoniel
« on: Thursday 19 April 07 00:52 BST (UK) »
Hi there

new to this.  I'm looking for help in researching Pedlow connection in Ligoniel.  I know the Pedlows came from Armagh but my family connection is in Ligoniel.  I think they were associated with the linen industry so I assume that they migrated to Ligoniel/Belfast at some stage during the 19th century.

All help gratefully received.

Thanks
Pedlow, Ramsey, Lynass/Lynas, Fittis, Ligoniel, Ballysillan

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Pedlow Ligoniel
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 April 07 01:02 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat, Quarere verum.

Have you a rough idea when your Pedlow connection may have been at Ligoniel ???

Chris

Offline Quarere verum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 April 07 01:06 BST (UK) »
Chris

many thanks for your welcome.  I know that there were Pedlows in Ligoniel c 1870 but I think they may have been there prior to that.  my great grandfather Pedlow died somewhere around 1911/12 and the family link was broken as my Grandfather was brought up by his mother's side of the family.  i think there may have been a William, Robert and Thomas and my GG was Charles (may have been William Charles).  The last Pedlow in Ligoniel was my grandmother who passed away five years ago.

Offline Kalypso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 11 June 09 16:39 BST (UK) »
Chris

many thanks for your welcome.  I know that there were Pedlows in Ligoniel c 1870 but I think they may have been there prior to that.  my great grandfather Pedlow died somewhere around 1911/12 and the family link was broken as my Grandfather was brought up by his mother's side of the family.  i think there may have been a William, Robert and Thomas and my GG was Charles (may have been William Charles).  The last Pedlow in Ligoniel was my grandmother who passed away five years ago.
Just happened to notice your post re Pedlow.  My mother used to tell me stories about our neighborhood (Ardoyne).  She used to mention someone called Pedlow - don't know if they were male or female. But the time she was referring to was sometime between the 40's and 50's.  Not sure if this will help you or send you off on a tangent.  Rgds.

Offline Quarere verum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 12 June 09 00:35 BST (UK) »
Kalypso

Many thanks.

It may well have been my father or grandfather as they lived not far from Ardoyne.  My mother came from Ardoyne/Oldpark.

Offline Kalypso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 12 June 09 03:41 BST (UK) »
Kalypso

Many thanks.

It may well have been my father or grandfather as they lived not far from Ardoyne.  My mother came from Ardoyne/Oldpark.

Hi QV: You're welcome. What was your mother's name??  I came from Havana Street. Perhaps I remember something.  I left Belfast in 1960, however, I had relatives in Ardoyne and the Bone.

Offline markinbelfast

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 28 June 09 14:47 BST (UK) »
pm sent

Offline Greg Pedlow

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 29 March 18 23:25 BST (UK) »
For Quarere verum:  I have been researching all lines of the Pedlow family for more than 45 years and have developed a large family tree for the Ligoniel branch of the Pedlows, including the ones who came to Grand Island, New York, in the 1920s. My Pedlow branch comes from the townland of Ballylisk, County Armagh, with some of us ending up in Pennsylvania. I would be happy to send you the Ligoniel/Legoniel branch tree. I am also in the process of putting more details and sources for this branch on ancestry.com.