Author Topic: Guernsey - Marshall - 1800ish  (Read 1798 times)

Offline tracey1971

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Guernsey - Marshall - 1800ish
« on: Thursday 19 April 07 10:54 BST (UK) »
I wonder if anyone can help

Am tracing my husbands Marshall ancestors and have managed to get back to a David and Elizabeth Marshall  who were married in Perth in 1824.

Elizabeth Marshall appears to have been Elizabeth Marshall before her marriage - father John Marshall and she is listed in the census thereafter as being born in Guernsey in approx 1801.

We would like to trace her birth and find out what she was doing in Guernsey to then end up in Perth.

A bit of a brick wall for us and any help appreciated.

Offline ali607

• RootsChat Veteran
  • GG Grandad John Collier 'The Contratenor Singer'
    • View Profile
Re: Guernsey - Marshall - 1800ish
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 October 08 20:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi, this is a very big long shot but I have a Marshall connection in Australi and also in the channel islands...his name was Gerard Fabian Marshall b.1921. He married an Edith Hines from yorkshire, UK...
Probably no connection but though I mightaswell try!

Thanks
Alison
Surname interests:<br />Salter, Fulford, Woodcock, Finney, Tissington, Driscoll, Shea, Maxfield, Collier, Hughes, Williams, Petty, Pearson, Prescott, Baldwin, <br /><br />Area interests:<br />West Riding Yorkshire: Rotherham, Hemsworth, Darfield, Sheffield<br />Worcestershire/Staffordshire: Oldbury, West Bromwich, Halesowen, White Heath<br />Lancashire: Wigan, Aspull, <br />Nottinghamshire: Worksop<br />erbyshire:alfreton, ironville, codnor