Author Topic: Looking for Samuel Baverstock  (Read 12837 times)

Offline baverstock1989

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Samuel Baverstock
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 24 March 13 11:38 GMT (UK) »
hi I just found this conversation and I joined this website out of curiosity and to search my family name. my name is Samuel Baverstock and this topic amazed me and id like to find out more :)

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 25 March 13 11:58 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat Baverstock1989  :)

Do you know what part of the Country your Baverstocks are from ?

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sueappleton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 01 November 18 12:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi all. I came across this thread when researching Samuel Baverstock who was transported to Van Diemen's Land in 1834. I realise this thread is now 11 years old, but I have some information about Samuel. He married my great great aunt Mary Herring in 1844. If anyone is interested do get in touch.
Moss, White, Bray, Scott, Raymond, Randell, Underdown, Squire, Herring, Nottle,  Brook(e)s, Mugg, Hopping, McInnes, Fleming, Fairchild, Polkinghorn(e), Hicks, Glasson,

Offline Mags3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 01 November 18 13:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue, 
  I’m very interested in finding out more about Samuel and his second wife Mary Herring. Samuel was my husbands ggg grandfather. I’ve read that Mary was also a convict and others accounts say she emigrated with her family to Tasmania. I’d be very grateful for any information (including photos if possible) you have about Samuel and Mary’s  and their life in Australia
Hoping to hear from you soon
Margaret

Offline sueappleton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 02 November 18 06:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Margaret, great to hear from you.  I wasn't even sure that anyone would read my post, as I had only just joined last night in order to follow up on the Samuel Baverstock thread. (I am interested in Samuel as he is, so far, the only convict in my family tree, and then only by marriage!)  I would be happy to send you what information I have. Some of it may duplicate what you have already read elsewhere, but that is unavoidable in this game!  Do you belong to Ancestry?  If so I could send you an invitation to look at my tree if you would like to let me know your Ancestry ID.  Otherwise, if you wanted to give me your email, I could send you some information that way. it probably is possible to send links via this site, but as a newbie I don't know how yet!

The basic details are as follows: I am fairly sure that  Mary (b.1820) did come from Cornwall to Hobart, Tasmania with her parents Nicholas and Mary (nee Nottle) and siblings in 1842.  She married Samuel in 1844.  The rest of the family sailed to Adelaide, South Australia in 1845-46, where they had a large number of relatives, both Herring and Nottle.  Samuel, Mary and two children followed them in 1847.

Yes, I have seen a record of a Mary Herring who was a convict and who coincidentally sailed in 1834, but on a different ship than Samuel.  Also she was about 23 in 1833, so it wouldn't be "our" Mary. 

I am interested to know where you are?  I am in Adelaide, South Australia.

Looking forward to hearing from you if you would like more details,

Best regards, Sue.

Moss, White, Bray, Scott, Raymond, Randell, Underdown, Squire, Herring, Nottle,  Brook(e)s, Mugg, Hopping, McInnes, Fleming, Fairchild, Polkinghorn(e), Hicks, Glasson,