Author Topic: Cruwys Morchard  (Read 9968 times)

Offline DevonCruwys

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Cruwys Morchard
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 02 June 07 13:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Deb

I can try and help.  Where are you stuck? There are some Caprons who were churchwardens and overseers in Cruwys Morchard. See:

http://genuki.cs.ncl.ac.uk/DEV/CruwysMorchard/CruwysMorchardNotebook.html

Debbie
 :)
Researching: Ayshford, Berryman, Bodger, Boundy, Cruse, Cruwys, Dillon, Faithfull, Kennett, Keynes, Ratty, Tidbury, Trask, Westcott, Wiggins, Woolfenden.

Offline deb usa

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 03 June 07 00:49 BST (UK) »
Hi again Debbie

I hope you can help me on this one ...my big brick wall   ;D

this is how it goes: John Capron married Elizabeth DREW and had approx 10 children with her ...she died about 1732 and he remarried another Elizabeth,,,who we refer to as E2.

My William Capron/Capern was born c 1745 child of John Capron and E2 .... but the the first child of John Capron =E2 was born c 1734/5....we are looking for E2's maiden name ...marriage between 1831 and 1834.

Sooo John Capron married E1 and had 10 kids ...E1 died 1731/2 and remarried E2 who had my William Capron/Capern b c 1745 and he married Mary Maunder...Who had a child who married my Samuel Middleton....

Who was E2?

If you can help , it would be FAB!!!!!

I have seen the overseers on your site .... Thanks again for that..... I love all the pics etc .....a lot of family names come up on your site ...ie: Maunders and Milton .... I wonder if Milton is not an origination of my other family name Middleton? !!!

deb  :)
Travellers = Penfold, Orchard, James
Devon = Middleton,  Waterfield, Adams, Clark/e, Gould
Cornwall = Palmer, Carnarton, Slack/Smith. Morris/h
Wales, New Quay = James, Evans

All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DevonCruwys

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 03 June 07 23:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Deb

I only have limited records for Cruwys Morchard and nothing for any of the nearby parishes. The Cruwys Morchard marriages are already on the IGI so I would guess that the marriage took place in one of the nearby non-IGI parishes. There isn't an easy way to search these as there is no index pre-1754. You'd have to get a researcher to do the searching for you at the Devon Record Office.

If you look at the Cruwys Morchard page on Genuki:

http://genuki.cs.ncl.ac.uk/DEV/CruwysMorchard/

You will see at the top that there is a link to the nearby parishes. You can then check all the individual parishes on Genuki and see which ones are on the IGI. Templeton is the nearest parish and that isn't on the IGI so that is a possibility. Some parishes have OPCs (online parish clerks). If so you will find details on the appropriate Genuki parish page and you can ask for look-ups.

There are some references to Caprons in Cruwys Morchard on A2A. Most of them seem to be apprenticeship records:

http://www.a2a.org.uk/search/index.asp

Debbie

:)
Researching: Ayshford, Berryman, Bodger, Boundy, Cruse, Cruwys, Dillon, Faithfull, Kennett, Keynes, Ratty, Tidbury, Trask, Westcott, Wiggins, Woolfenden.

Offline deb usa

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 04 June 07 17:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the info Debbie :)

The NA has quite a bit on the Caprons! Hopefully one day I will find out who E2 is/was !

Deb

Offline mlean

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 24 July 07 23:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Debbie! I'm Michael Lean Cole from Argentina and I have John Capron as an ancestor, I think we're relatives

Offline deb usa

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 24 July 07 23:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Michael

I , along with Keith, have been researching our ancestors !!!! I love the Lean Cole family and was intrigued with the Bridgers ... woohooo ..I am happy to meet you  ;D

I am in North Carolina USA. I am one of the Caprons from CM , John Capron (b1700) married Elizabeth Drew, their eldest daughter is Keith's line. John Capron then married another Elizabeth ... we call her E2, their youngest son is my line !

I am sooo happy you are here!!!!!!! ;D

Deb , your 7th cousin  :)

Offline mlean

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 24 July 07 23:27 BST (UK) »
Debbie,

I see that you're in touch with Keith. I'm preparing the Lean Cole tree to add it to keith's tree and I'm very glad to find a relative!

Where do you live? I live in Buenos Aires.