Author Topic: JOHN REIP Scotland  (Read 2460 times)

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
JOHN REIP Scotland
« on: Wednesday 01 December 04 22:14 GMT (UK) »
 all I have to go on is uk census which states John Reip born Scotland ::)

would appear to have been born c1850  have tried all scottish sites I can find but havent found any Reips at all :(

any ideas please

sandie
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: JOHN REIP Scotland
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 December 04 10:44 GMT (UK) »
On the IGI the name (with the given spelling) only appears in Govan or Glasgow - Lanark. There are very few - including 2 children born 1870/1 to John Reip and Jane McQuillan. It may be that prior to this date the name was spelt differently - or the records are not on the IGI.

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 December 04 21:39 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that I have been and had a look at IGI didnt see it last time, it is a possiblily as it would seem John had been married twice.

The marriage in our family wasnt till 1889 to an Eliza Diamond down in Holborn London, have just sent for certificate. but on the  1891 there does appear to be another daughter Lilly age 8 born in Stroud Kent!!

John died in 1896 age 46 and his wife remarried so its a bit of a tangled web ::)

sandie
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 December 04 15:15 GMT (UK) »
Well tried the scotlandgov site paid my fee and couldnt download anything in spite of having a computor expert in house :(

so if anyone else has any ideas I would be grateful, havent altogether discarded John & Jane but it was their info I was trying to download with no luck.

why couldnt families stay put in one place!!! ::)

sandie

Offline capricorn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 December 04 17:10 GMT (UK) »
Sandie, Do you have a pop up blocker on? Try switching it off.  Your downloads will be saved in your previous searches, so you should'nt lose anything.  If you still get problems downloading images, send them an email,

Good luck
Liz
Census information Crown Copyright, from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 30 December 04 14:37 GMT (UK) »
Sandy

Log on to ScotlandsPeople and go to "Your Details". Towards the bottom of the page there is a section headed
Image Viewers
Set the option to Direct Access  (The others are crazy viewers that many folk have trouble getting to work).

Then go to your Viewed Images and click on one. It should download as a TIF file for you to save. Every time I do a download I get a crazy message that tells me XP will not support the images. This is utter nonsense - I right click where suggested and download save and view the image with no problems. (If you don't get my crazy message it may download differently, either way you should be able to see/save).

:D  :D  :D  :D

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 30 December 04 19:24 GMT (UK) »
thanks for that will buy some more credits soon and try again.

I do have a popup blocker on but it has never stopped any other site, but this one seems **** :o

did try the my details option but I still didnt have any luck Hubby tried also and hes a systems manager ;D

tried emailing twice no reply yet probably on holiday but of course credits ran out only used 3!

this is what makes researching such fun ::)

will try again in new year  thanks

sandie

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 21 January 05 19:56 GMT (UK) »
still had no reply given up now have received John Reips marriage cert

not much help :(  his father is called  wait for it

John reip  a clothier now I have 2 John Reips to find and as I cant find 1 this is a problem :D

it does say he is a widower age 39 which goes with my date of around c1850. have sent for a daughters cert which is for 1883 and it was 1889 he remarried so will have to wait.

if anyone has any ideas  be grateful

sandie