Author Topic: marriage of caleb baker/judith de garis  (Read 3000 times)

Offline andycarolyn1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
marriage of caleb baker/judith de garis
« on: Tuesday 01 May 07 13:07 BST (UK) »
hi i am trying to find the marriage of caleb baker born 1800 south cadbury,somerset to judith de garis born 1796 ,st peters in the wood,guernsey. their oldest son john was born in guernsey in 1826 so i would guess their marriage would be about 1824/5

many thanks andy

Offline Briandell

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: marriage of caleb baker/judith de garis
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 08 October 11 15:14 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Calab Baker is the brother of my Great Great Grandfather Samuel Baker who also married a woman from Guernsey called Mary Clarke, I am also having trouble finding any details of this.
I assume the two brothers went to Guernsey sometime in the 1820's for what reason I am not sure.
Samuel and Mary also had two sons born in Guernsey before returning to South Cadbury in the  1830's.
Maybe somebody from Guernsey can find out answers for me.

Offline HistoryFan

• RootsChat Member
  • My Great Grandmother
    • View Profile
Re: marriage of caleb baker/judith de garis
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 October 11 22:55 BST (UK) »
According to Ancestry website (not always 100%) there was a son John Baker Born 24/11/1824 (Parish in Guernsey not stated) assuming he died as next John Baker Born 1826 as you say, or maybe it's a typo and should have been 1826 all along.

I would imagine that Judith would have married in her own Parish of St Peters.

Hoping that someone is able to look up the St Peters Parish Church Registers for you.
Holmes, Loveridge, Le Cheminant, White, Camp, Dennis, Beauchamp, Allen, Green, Legg, Symes, Mitchell, Rowe, Robin, Robert, Romeril, Cardinale