Author Topic: McNeill - Highfield Marriage 10 August 1810 Davenham  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Teea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
McNeill - Highfield Marriage 10 August 1810 Davenham
« on: Friday 03 December 04 11:10 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if anyone has access to the relevant records to check the marriage of Robert McNeill to Ellen Highfield at Davenham, Cheshire, on 10 August 1810. There is an entry in IGI submitted by a member of the LDS Church to this effect which I should like to verify and also find out any other information given.

Teea

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re: McNeill - Highfield Marriage 10 August 1810 Davenham
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 December 04 13:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi
     I have a copy of the Bertram Merril marriage index for Cheshire and it shows the relevant marriage took place on the 20/8/1810, and that Robert McNeil was from the parish of St.George Liverpool, these are the only details available on this index, you may be able to obtain a copy of the full marriage entry from the Cheshire RO at this link.

https://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recoff/eshop/genhist.htm

regards

peterbennett

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline Teea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 December 04 17:14 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, Peter, for your prompt help. I take it that the 10 day difference in the date and the spelling of McNeill with one 'l' are as the entry appears in the Bertram Merril index? Anyway, I have emailed the Record Office.

Regards,

Teea

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 03 December 04 18:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Teea
             Yes that is the date,but the spelling mistake is mine sorry, its definatly two L's

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline mrs noah

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 03 December 04 20:09 GMT (UK) »
HI

Was going to offer to go and look at the original for you as the register is in Northwich library....[film ]

But if you have sent a request to the Record office!...........

Mrs Noah
On the canals...Turton, Wood, Mann,Cartwright, Neale, Grainger, Littlemore, Taylor. etc
Black country ancestors.... Beesley, Tranter, Fellows Barker, Perry, Evans, Glover.
also researching Birtwisle and Darby.

Offline Teea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 04 December 04 09:05 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, Peter, for the confirmation.

What a very kind offer, Mrs. Noah. If you should still feel like doing so, I in fact, only asked the Cheshire RO to tell me if they could find the record [I didn't find the page with the actual ordering instructions and charges until too late and thought I might be letting myself in for their £20 minimum research fee] so opted for a straight enquiry - I should still have to order the copy.

I wonder whether Northwich Library also have copies of the registers of Great Budworth church? Robert and Ellens' four daughters were all christened there on Christmas Day 1816, according to the IGI - but I would love to have confirmation and also know whether there is any more information given. Please don't go to too much trouble on my behalf unless you would really like to - I can always order it from the RO now that I have found the correct procedure to follow.

Teea

Offline mrs noah

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 06 December 04 19:33 GMT (UK) »
teea.
i have the information you want.
Do you want me to write it all here or email it to you?
Mrs N
On the canals...Turton, Wood, Mann,Cartwright, Neale, Grainger, Littlemore, Taylor. etc
Black country ancestors.... Beesley, Tranter, Fellows Barker, Perry, Evans, Glover.

Offline Teea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 06 December 04 23:27 GMT (UK) »
Dear Mrs. Noah

That is so kind of you. I have had two attempts this evening to reply to your PM but am not sure that either of them will have got through to you - I am a relative newcomer to Rootschat and a complete novice at PMs!

What it amounts to is that I would love to have whatever information you have succeeded in gleaning by PM if that is easiest.

Teea

Offline mrs noah

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 07 December 04 18:58 GMT (UK) »
Here we go.

St Winifeds Church Davenham Northwich Cheshire.

Year 1810      Page 94

No 368

Robert Mc Neill of the Parish of St George Liverpool, Merchant. and Ellen Highfield of this parish were married in the church by Licence this twentieth day of August 1810. by me Jas Tonkinson. rector.

Robert signed
Ellen signed.

[ Ellen signed twice,,,first was scribbled out ]

Witness difficult to read.
there was E Jackson and
James Dimpany???