Author Topic: Graham of Netherby  (Read 27821 times)

Offline Joanne Welch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Graham of Netherby
« Reply #27 on: Monday 13 September 10 11:19 BST (UK) »
 Hi relative,
I'm also descended from Catherine Graham's marriage to Rev Robert Graham (IF ancestry.co.uk is right and their daughter Olivia Garforth married Lister Ellis). I'm puzzled that Burke's peerage doesn't list Catherine as one of Rev Robert's and Frances Graham's children). Have you had any responses to your post?

Thanks,

Jo Welch (nee Ellis)

Offline Joanne Welch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 13 September 10 11:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Hutchin Graham,

I'm also an Ellis (though married now) descended from Lister Ellis so we may well be cousins. Do you know for certain that Catherine was the daughter of Rev Robert Graham and Frances Graham? My little girls would LOVE to be descended from royalty - and she's my only chance!

Thanks,

Jo

Offline OTBTresearch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 03 September 11 12:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Ross and Mary

I just surfed in here while researching the Reali family of Lismount House, Co. Cork, Ireland.
I am writing an article on Lismount House - my interest is in the lost estate houses of Ireland.
You've added some interesting facts to my research so I thought I'd share what little info I have

Joesph Reali, below is presumably the son of Joseph Reali and Harriet Graham ???

Harriet Reali (GRAHAM) died, age 75, 26 November 1855 at Hoare Abbey, Cashel

Joesph Reali, a land agent, built Lismount House in Kilworth around 1850
(Land Agent for the Barry family of Ballyclaugh, Kilworth, Co. Cork?? )
He apparently built the house for his wife who suffered asthma and was advised to live on high, dry ground
Joesph Reali was formerly of Hoar Abbey, Cashel, he died on the 9th July 1885, and is buried at St Mary the Virgin's, Gloucestershire

(Hoar/Hore Abbey by the way is a huge abbey that appears to have been in ruins for centuries)

Redmond Reali, who had been born at Lismount on the 20th January 1859 inherited his fathers estate.
He is recorded on the 1901 and 1911 Census of Ireland
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai000575193/
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai001932137/

Redmond Reali's only child, Vivian inherited the Lismount estate. She apparently emigrated to Scotland where she married Mr Paisley, a flour miller
Vivian Reali sold the Lismount estate in 1921 for £5550.

Cheers,
Tarquin
www.AbandonedIreland.com

Hi Tarquin,

I loved your first book.
Hoar Abbey refers to Hoar Abbey farm, not the abbey itself. The Reali family in Tipperary also had Clonbonane House which was knocked down a few years ago and I am researching this house.

I wonder did the Reali family work for the Smith-Barry who had estates in Cork and Tipperary.

Vivienne Noel West Reali daughter of Redmond of Lidmount and Evelyn Maud West was an only child and she lost both parents in 1919 (mother died in January, father in may). She had married the previous year. I wonder if the Joseph who build Lidmount for his wife as you mention was Joseph Reali married to Frances Givens, daughter of Matthew Given of Clonbeg, Tipperary rather than the Joseph Reali (grandfather of same) who was married to Harriet Graham mentioned in this thread.

I would love to exchange information if you're willing. I am a researcher based in Tipperary.
Regards,

Cecile Mulcahy

Offline GPH

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 26 December 17 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi there - just wondering if the folks who have the info about the Graham-Reali family, are still active, or can be reached? I believe Harriet Graham and Joseph Reali to be my 4x-great-grandparents, and am keen to get further information.

Best wishes,

GPH