Author Topic: HAYTER family  (Read 19520 times)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: HAYTER family
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 10 June 07 07:14 BST (UK) »
Hi EDO

The following is on freeBMD

Marriages Dec qtr 1838   

ELLIOTT    Sarah         District: Tisbury     8/703   
HAYTER    Jeremiah   District: Tisbury    8/703   

Cheers
Cando 
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline EDO

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 10 June 07 09:51 BST (UK) »
Hello Cando,

Thank you once again for your response.

I quess that Tisbury is in Wiltshire.  That confirms the date that I had been given.

Regards

EDO

Offline scouse_mouse_2000uk

• RootsChat Senior
  • G Grandparent's Lewis
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 24 June 07 23:26 BST (UK) »
Hiya does anyone have the name of Harold Geroge Hayter in their line? He was the son of Geroge and Ada Hayter, born 1900 South Stoneham, Hampshire. He was killed during the second world war aboard the HMS Barham. If so, would love to hear from you. Lynn
I am researching the following names.....Owen/s-Holyhead, Rimmer/Lewis-West Derby, Wood/s/Hayter-Toxteth

Offline EDO

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 24 June 07 23:41 BST (UK) »
Good morning

No!  I can't find a link to Harold George HAYTER.

EDO

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 12 March 08 16:29 GMT (UK) »
My Hayters are from Marylebone London in the late 1700s, & the 1800s. My g g grandmother Eleanor Hayter born 1819 daughter of Charles a blacksmith married 19/2/1838 Charles Trowsdale an umbrella maker at Parish Church, Marylebone. She was a minor living at Market Street.

Her father Charles may have been Charles Stephenson Hayter [born 1789 son of Charles Hayter & Martha Stephenson who married St George Hanover Square  in 1788 - Pallot] who married Ann Dunevan in 1810 St Georges Hanover Square. I have been unable to prove this however.

Does this Marylebone branch of Hayters link up with the Wiltshire one at all? Does anyone else have this family in their tree?

My mother's cousin has a visiting card of John Hayter [the envelope is marked Uncle John Hayter late of Jack Straw's Castle tavern Hampstead Heath]. I have posted an image. I suspect this is Eleanor's uncle John & that he was the artist son of Charles Hayter who wrote the book on perspective, but again no proof.

Any help gratefully received.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline way_land

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 22 January 09 00:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Josey,
I wonder if you have any information on Charles Trowsdale you could share. I have his father originating from near the North York Moors where my Trowsdales were centred. About a generation later my GGrandfather, William, opened an umbrella shop in York which is just too much of a coincidence. So far I haven't been able to find a link between my Trowsdales and the Marylebone ones but it has to exist.
Many thanks,
David McArdle

Offline way_land

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 22 January 09 21:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jean, I sent an email to the address you gave (substituting the @ sign of course) but it bounced. Anyway the contents were:
Hi again Jean,
Sorry I am a bit vague. It has been quite a while since I looked at the family and feel a bit out of touch.

My William (umbrella maker)was born in Malton , North Riding of Yorks in 1857. I have (your) Charles’ parents as John Trowsdale born abt 1759 in Gilling and Betty (Elizabeth Brown) born 1763, Gilling.  Like I said I have no confirmed link from my Trowsdales to yours but there has to be one. My William, my Great Grandfather must have learned the trade from someone. His father was also William (so was his grandfather )and was born abt 1831 in Bilsdale Midcable), his mother was Elizabeth Nares from Hull.

Like I said I haven’t looked for a few years and had an email from someone saying that the 1911 census was online from there I found Find My Past and am really enjoying it. Doesn’t help with these people though 

You mentioned Nova Scotia – there was a Trowsdale who went that way too – Prince Edward Island – Barnabus Trowsdale born born abt 1812 Helmsley. I find my Irish roots a bit frustrating to trace before they moved to Durham.

Anyway, nice to talk to you again, you can see I have changed my address too. Haven’t spoken to Mike in a while – I have also been trying to find Karen who had a milkhill email address which is now bouncing. She has a lot of Trowsdale info too.
Cheers for now,
David McArdle
My email address is now way_land at tpg.com.au

Offline geordiekev

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 24 August 09 00:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Gene Genie, i'm just new to this site. I'm intrested in researching my family history and have noticed that you are looking to trace the Hayters from Newcastle - I'm actually a Hayter from Newcastle, so if you're still intrested i'll try and help you out as much as I can, and once i've found out any more info that i don't know i'll get back to you on it, if thts any help?

Offline LoneyBones

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Wot, me worry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 24 August 09 04:50 BST (UK) »
Might as well chuck mine into the pot.  :D
I have one of my BONNINs marrying a HAYTER;
Agnes Julia Vernon BONNIN married Thomas Millar HAYTER, 1886, Brentford, MDX.
Thomas was born, 1839, Kensington and Agnes was born 1863, Chelsea.
They had three children;
Alice Agnes, 1887. Acton.
George Keith, 1888. Acton.
Arthur Cecil, 1890. Acton.

For what it's worth.

Leonie.
 :D
Direct matriarchal line; ENNIS-Yeatman-Cooper-Papps-Ryland-Lechford/Luxford-Bagshaw-Henriett
ENNIS-Thomas-Bonnin-Aldridge-Williams-Harding-Brown.
ENNIS-Davis/Davies-Buck-Oakley-
JONES-Roberts-Handy-Ross-Warrillow-Eagles-Cotterill-Bailey.
JONES-Walton-Grayson-Stobbs-Baldwin-Ibbotson-Scott.
JONES-Goodwin-Parker-Instant-Hubbard-Hancock-Skinner.

STILL LOOKING FOR: Elizabeth Ann Balfour ENNIS nee DAVIS. Disappeared in Adelaide, South Australia. 1881.