Author Topic: stanton st. bernard  (Read 2314 times)

Offline cynda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
stanton st. bernard
« on: Friday 03 December 04 15:11 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone tell me where "White Pits" was (or is) in Stanton St Bernard.  My HARVEY family lived there in 1851 and 1861

Offline AngelaR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: stanton st. bernard
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 December 04 15:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi cynda

You may already know that there were still Harveys in Stanton St Bernard in 1871 but no mention of White Pits. I had a look at the images of the 1851 census and found households for each of Daniel, James and John Harvey but no mention of White Pits there either. Puzzling!

I did think it might be a reference to Lime Kilns but can't find anything about them either :(

If you haven't already got copies of the images for 1851 or 1871 and would like them, send me a PM with your email address and I'll forward them to you.

Angela
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Especially looking for - Sealey, Rogers, Cannings, Box, Sheppard in Wiltshire; Virgin, Slade, Abbott, Saint, Harper, Silverthorn in Somerset; and Virgin, Tarr, Beer in Devon

And most especially the origins of William Cannings,  a Baptist, born abt 1791 in Broughton Gifford, Wiltshire