Author Topic: sullivan family  (Read 2104 times)

Offline gulval phil

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
sullivan family
« on: Monday 14 May 07 18:54 BST (UK) »
could anyone please help me to find  the name of my maternal grand parents?My mother Gladys Sullivan was born in Plymouth in the 1920 s and lived in Frederick st,her father died of flu 6 months before she was born, he had returned after fighting in the first world war.Gladys moved down to Cornwall were she met and married my father named Arnold Eddy ,and they lived in  Penzance .

Offline Tjapaltjarri

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: sullivan family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 May 07 13:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Phil,

There is a Gladys M Sullivan b 1919 Dec qtr Plymouth ref 5b 456. Mother's maiden name was Chapman.

also a death of a John Sullivan aged 36 years in Plymouth in June qtr 1919 ref 5b 502

The only marraige of a John Sullivan to a Chapaman I could find was between a George John Sullivan and an Amey Chapman at Exeter in 1909

bw

Howdie
Attwood-WOR,Blackford-Blockley,Brightman-Spalding,Carey-Wainfleet,Cave-Spalding,Collop-Chigwell,Cook-Wickham Market,Cooper-Pettistree,Dabbs-Humber,Davis-Pancras,Foyster-LIN, Dawson-Gt Hale,Eastcott-CON,Fenton-NFK,Foord-Horsmonden,Goble-SSX,Howell-GLO,Kellow-St Teath,Kent-Southwark,King-Lamberhurst,Parmenter-Halstead,Penaluna-CON,Polglase-Falmouth,Press-NFK,Redgrove-SRY,Rice-N Ireland,Ruddell-Rotherhithe,Screech-Saltash, Skerry-NFK,Surman-WOR,Waghorn-KEN,Weatherhog-LIN,Williman-NFK

Offline Tjapaltjarri

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: sullivan family
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 May 07 14:25 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

I looked for Gladys Sullivan's marriage and found

Gladys W Sullivan married Arnold V Eddy Dec qtr 1943 Bodmin  ref 5c 150

The only Gladys W Sullivan I can find is Gladys W L Sullivan b Mar qtr 1922 Pancras 1b 47 mother's maiden name Thomas.

So either the W/M are transcription errors (happens occasionally) or you'll need to invest in a few certs to find the right ones  ;)

as you probably know Arnold Vivian Eddy b 6/3/1922 d Feb 2002 aged 79 years death registered at Penzance.

I hope this helps,

Howdie

Attwood-WOR,Blackford-Blockley,Brightman-Spalding,Carey-Wainfleet,Cave-Spalding,Collop-Chigwell,Cook-Wickham Market,Cooper-Pettistree,Dabbs-Humber,Davis-Pancras,Foyster-LIN, Dawson-Gt Hale,Eastcott-CON,Fenton-NFK,Foord-Horsmonden,Goble-SSX,Howell-GLO,Kellow-St Teath,Kent-Southwark,King-Lamberhurst,Parmenter-Halstead,Penaluna-CON,Polglase-Falmouth,Press-NFK,Redgrove-SRY,Rice-N Ireland,Ruddell-Rotherhithe,Screech-Saltash, Skerry-NFK,Surman-WOR,Waghorn-KEN,Weatherhog-LIN,Williman-NFK