Author Topic: 1861 and 1871 staffs lookup please  (Read 2358 times)

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
1861 and 1871 staffs lookup please
« on: Saturday 04 December 04 15:09 GMT (UK) »
has any kind person got the 1861 and or the 1871 staffs census, and if so could they do a look up for me please,i am looking for the WILSHAW or WILLSHAW family, head, JOHN, wife MARY,and i think they will be at CHESTERTON, on the 1861, and same family,on the 1871, could be at CHESTERTON, or KNUTTON,  I think both places come under WOLSTANTON,  thank you, nora T
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 and 1871 staffs lookup please
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 December 04 21:03 GMT (UK) »

You need to give ages and birthplaces to narrow it down.

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 December 04 12:52 GMT (UK) »
thank you pauline for your reply. In the 1881 census JOHN WILSHAW is age 75, born CHESTERTON STAFFS, his wife MARY WILSHAW is age 74, born, WERRINGTON STAFFS,son GEORGE WILSHAW age 22 born CAVERSWALL STAFFS.      At this time they are living at WILSHAW HOUSE   WOLSTANTON, KNUTTON STAFFS,  So the ages will be 65/64/12, for 1871 census, and 55/54/2, for the 1861 census,I hope i have got all that right,and thanks again for replies. regards nora T
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 05 December 04 13:30 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for understanding that ages and birthplaces acn help.

Okay:
I've searched
Geo* b Caverswall
John b Chesterton
Mary B Werrington

Mary age 64+/- 2 y Nothing like willshaw that I could see.
John age 65 +/- 2 y Ditto.

Do you not think that George is a bit young to have been their natural child? I did double-check the 1881 image and the information does seem to be correctly transcribed.

I also looked for the Farmer who was next door to them in 1881 (Daniel Brayford), and he doesn't have them about in 1871.

All I could suggest is asking for an 1851 Staffs lookup on the surname.  Best guess for location would have to be George's birthplace, even though it's eight years out. It May give us some other family members to track.

Best of luck.
Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 05 December 04 17:12 GMT (UK) »
thank you, ,pauline, for going to so much trouble for me, i have always thought george was a bit young to be their son, {he is my husbands granfather}?  On  his marriage certificate, in 1891, the witnesses, are Thomas, and Elizabeth Wilshaw, i looked them up and they were man and wife, age 36 and 34, living at broad meadows chesterton. who i hoped were georges, brother and wife, because later, 1891 and 1901, george and his family, were also at broad meadows, chesterton.   That was why i wanted the look ups, to see if there were other children, I am thinking maybe, John/Mary could even be his G. Parents. i will ask for a 1851 lookup, and thanks again, regards. nora

Offline LeeW

• RootsChat Senior
  • Everything I post is copyrighted by me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 05 December 04 22:00 GMT (UK) »
I have found them in 1861:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=23290.0

and in 1851:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=23471.0

George is recorded as being their son.. his mother must have been about 43 when he was born

And with all the extra info I have been unable to find John, Mary or George in 1871.

Lee.
(C) Copyright LeeW

Wetton, Matthews, Sutton, Goodwin, Clarkson, Allman of Staffordshire
Morris, Daniel, Roberts, Lewis, Owen, Jones, Evans of Denbighshire (Llangernyw, Gwytherin, Pandy Tudur, Llansannan, Llanfair TH, etc)

http://www.wetton.net/mytree2

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 06 December 04 11:39 GMT (UK) »
thanks again LeeW, i have posted a reply to you on another page, but i must repeat, how pleased i am, and how kind of you, the info is just what i needed, so thanks and regards, nora