Author Topic: photo resource holywell  (Read 6056 times)

Offline bustergut

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
photo resource holywell
« on: Thursday 17 May 07 15:35 BST (UK) »
Apologies if this has already been posted, but I found a great archive of old photos and archives of Holywell and Greenfield.
I managed to find a few photos of Battery Row, where my ggg-grandma used to live as a child"!
Try it here

http://www.commanet.org/reflect.aspx?action=searchRequest&view=thumb&lang=english&arcid=5029999900000015

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: photo resource holywell
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 May 07 16:57 BST (UK) »
Great photos Bustergut,I looked hard for my Mum and her sisters on the photos of Greenfield School.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bustergut

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 May 07 18:27 BST (UK) »
The pictures of old Greenfield are really evocative, and have helped to bring Deborah and her family to life for me.
I am planning a trip to Greenfield Valley Heritage Park either early June or in summer, bringing the wife and kids and maybe even my 80-year-old mum, to show her where her great-grandma was born.
Do you know if there is anything in the heritage park that will help with my reserach? I note there is a museum, but cannot find what is in it.
Also, I might try to take in a graveyard or two - any pointers to where I would be best looking for Gileses and associated Joneses (think I might give the Hugheses a miss for now as there appear to be thousands of them in the area!)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 17 May 07 18:49 BST (UK) »
I don't know too much about GVHP myself,but this Site gives some info;
http://www.addajames-museums.org/english/museums/greenfield/greenfield1.htm
As far as Graveyards,there are Holywell St James,and Bagillt St Mary.I am also struggling with those Jones and Hughes Families!By the way I'm sorry but I was unable to get to the Clwyd FHS Resource Centre today,to look for your Deborah's Baptism.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline nursy

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 November 07 07:38 GMT (UK) »
There is a large graveyard in school lane Greenfield----its a shame the school has been pulled down.Rolant Tennant has just wrote a lovely book on Greenfield and Holywell which is available now.All the best Carol----llanasa parish

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 05 November 07 10:26 GMT (UK) »
             A very warm welcome to Rootschat Carol,and you really should know better than to worry about them pulling the School down.You should know its "modernisation" or perhaps,"making better use of resources"!
            Anyway I trust all is well in Berthgamon!

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.   
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire