Author Topic: WARREN family at Clonlara, Co Clare  (Read 24875 times)

Offline gazania

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: WARREN family at Clonlara, Co Clare
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 25 April 12 01:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Greg,

Sorry, there are no mention of McMahons.  The booklet has concentrated on the surviving memorials of the gentry.  (or perhaps only those who could afford them)  Most of the memorials date from well after your family migrated.  Wish I could be of more help.  Best wishes, Gazania
ALDERMAN, Bucks
BELK, Yorkshire, London
CARLING, Bedfordshire
CUNDITH,CUNDILL, Yorkshire, PALIN. Lincolnshire
FOX, Essex; Camberwell Surrey
LANE, Cork IE;Askeaton LIM, Liverpool, Clifton, Bristol
VOLLER, Surrey
WALL Clonlara Co Clare Ireland
WAREHAM, Esher, Surrey; London
WINCH, Surrey

Offline margaretspearin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Gerald Mangan Davis son of Margaret and Oren Davis
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 25 April 12 03:40 BST (UK) »
I live in Clonlara and can do a little research in the area. I don't know of McMahons in the Parish. Can you give more detail? Names dates etc..
Margaret
Spearin - Mangan- Considine- O'Brien- Maschmann- O'Reilly - Corry - Hackett - Naughton  Davis - and many more

Offline Greg MCMAHON

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 13 October 12 07:16 BST (UK) »
Hello Margaret

Thank you for your message. My email address is *

The mcmahon's

Michael MCMAHON married Honorah GEORGE 1829 at Obriensbridge Its believed Michael's father was Thomas MCMAHON

Micheal and Honarah MCMAHON had at least 4 children (my relative) Thomas Mary and Ellen came to Australia. Patrick MCMAHON married Anne Keogh in 1870 and lived in a farm in Kildoorus That belonged to Baron MASSEY
Their children
Micheal Born 18th Nov 1970
Corney Born 11st Sept 1872
Mary    Born 2nd June 1874
Francis  Born 23rd Feb 1877
Bridget Born 28th Jan 1879
Patrick  Born 15th July 1880
Anne  Born  9th Oct 1882
James Born 27th Nov 1883
Anne   Born 10th Oct 1885
Martin  Born 4th Nov 1887
Ellen   Born 13th Nov 1890
Nora   Born 30th Oct 1893

I would love any information you could find for me. I am sure we would have relatives in Ireland that we did not know about.

Cheers
Greg

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to protect against spamming and other abuses. Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility. See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Surnames MCMAHON GEORGE KEOGH
Kildourus, Clonlara, Doonass, Coolisteige, Co Clare

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 14 October 12 13:01 BST (UK) »
Hi

In the early 1840s a list of tenants taken in the Clonlara area shows a William McMahon in the townland of Aughboy, adjacent to Coollisteige (Kiltenanlea).  Landlord was Sir Hugh Dillon Massy.

McMahons and Georges are also mentioned in Griffiths Valuation - a census substitute, carried out in Co Clare in the mid 1850s.  Link -    http://www.failteromhat.com/griffiths/clare/kiltenanlea.php

Freddie Bourke's wonderful book "Kiltenanlea Parish Church" notes the burial of Charles George age 4 and Frederick Charles age under 1, children of John and Elizabeth Charles in Kiltenanlea Graveyard. 

Mr Burke writes that John Charles worked as a Coachman and Butler in Summerhill House but was known as Charley George.

Cheers

Offline teresam60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 06 January 14 15:03 GMT (UK) »
      Hi there. I have noticed your query on a number of occasions, I see that you have not had much luck I on the other hand live in Clonlara Co Clare and am related to someone who would know a lot about the history of the Parish. The Warren family lived in Coolastigue they were Church of Ireland Religion. A number of years ago a relation of the Warren Family erected a Headstone on the grave of your ancestors alongside the original stone that still stands today. There is no family of that name living in the Parish now but your ancestors still live here. I have a name for you but I need to private message it to you.   
                                    Regards Teresa.

Offline MaddenGerard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 11 November 18 04:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi ,
i see where James Keane says is he from Cooldarra ..

I am trying to work out the different Keane Families between CastleBank and Cooldarra. From Griffiths ( cains there ) to the 1911 census.
Especially a Keane who sold the Land where Parteen village housing estate is on in the 1950's.  Do you know how the different Keane Families connect in the Area.

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 31 January 19 09:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Just wondering whether any new documents/information has come to light since I posted my WARREN query here a few years ago?   Still living in hope.....

Thanks