Author Topic: WARREN family at Clonlara, Co Clare  (Read 24950 times)

Offline margaretspearin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Gerald Mangan Davis son of Margaret and Oren Davis
    • View Profile
Re: WARREN family at Clonlara, Co Clare
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 28 August 10 15:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Helena
This appears to be your Whelan family in the 1901 census

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Clare/Kiltenanlea/Coollisteige/1083244/

According to the census Lena would have been born ab 1891. They do not appear in the 1911 census

Margaret

Spearin - Mangan- Considine- O'Brien- Maschmann- O'Reilly - Corry - Hackett - Naughton  Davis - and many more

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 28 August 10 15:25 BST (UK) »
This looks like the same family in 1911-
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Clare/Kiltenanlea/Coollisteige/366496/

Lena is 9 years old and some of the information has been mis-transcribed if you look at the original page:
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai001792801/
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Helena7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 28 August 10 16:09 BST (UK) »
Thank you margaretspearin and Aghadowey for your prompt replies and help.

I have already found the Whelan family on the 1901 and 1911 Census. I have also found some Birth and other records in the GRO in Dublin. I have not been able to find them all and hope to visit the Church in Clonlara to fill in some of the gaps.

I have not been able to pin point the right Keane family in the either the 1901 or 1911 Census records.

If the Keane family were from Coolderra can anyone tell me which R.C. Church would have their records ?

I guess I am just fishing to see if I can find any further information, and wondering if there is any family still in the area.

Thanks for your help.
Helena

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 28 August 10 17:24 BST (UK) »
If the Keane family were from Coolderra can anyone tell me which R.C. Church would have their records ?

I dont see a townland entry for Coolderra, but nearby townlands that are listed (e.g. Knockdonagh) are in the Civil parish of O'Briensbridge. The two other places you mentioned Coollisteige and Cloonlara are in the civil parish of Kiltenanlea (see townland database www.thecore.com/seanruad), and from the details I have, this area is all in the RC parish of 'Doonass-and-Truagh'. RC Baptism and marriage records for this parish go back to 1851, and are available in the National Library on microfilm Pos.  2476.

see : Doonass-and-Truagh RC Parish (Irish Times Family History)

Even thought this area is in Co. Clare, it seems to be  covered by the Limerick registration district for the purposes of Civil Records.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline margaretspearin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Gerald Mangan Davis son of Margaret and Oren Davis
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 29 August 10 17:44 BST (UK) »
Coolderra is a townland of Ardnacrusha which is in the RC parish of Parteen and Meelick. Although it is in Co Clare it  is in the Dioces of Limerick.
You should be able to find records for Parteen and Meelick on the IFHF Limerick records
I hope this helps

Margaret
Spearin - Mangan- Considine- O'Brien- Maschmann- O'Reilly - Corry - Hackett - Naughton  Davis - and many more

Offline jamesKeane

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 22 October 10 04:22 BST (UK) »

Hi,
Im james Keane from coolderra,(coolderry)Ardnacrusha. Try kilbane,and broadford,because Broadford was our parish.Hope this helps you

Offline joanna.nsw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 24 July 11 13:59 BST (UK) »
Hello, I'm brand new to this forum so please excuse me if I haven't done this right, but would anyone have any information on the Wall family from Clonlara, County Clare? I'm particularly interested in Mary Wall, born 1836 and her parents. I have very limited information on her parents, only their first names: James and Mary.

Thank you,
Joanna

Offline gazania

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 25 July 11 01:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Joanna,

Yes and we must be cousins. I am descended from the Aldermans while other associated names are Sweedman, Weir, Stapleton, Shaw as well as Fox.  I am very interested to see where you fit in.

Before we can send each other personal messages, you have to post two more messages on this forum.

I have lots to share.  Regards, Gazania
ALDERMAN, Bucks
BELK, Yorkshire, London
CARLING, Bedfordshire
CUNDITH,CUNDILL, Yorkshire, PALIN. Lincolnshire
FOX, Essex; Camberwell Surrey
LANE, Cork IE;Askeaton LIM, Liverpool, Clifton, Bristol
VOLLER, Surrey
WALL Clonlara Co Clare Ireland
WAREHAM, Esher, Surrey; London
WINCH, Surrey

Offline Greg MCMAHON

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
MCMAHON KEOGH GEORGE families at Clonlara area, Co Clare
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 24 April 12 08:38 BST (UK) »
Hello gazania

My name is Greg MCMAHON from Sydney Australia.
I saw your post about the booklet Kiltenanlea Parish Church Clonlara

I am looking fof information about MCMAHON's from that town and the surround area.

Does it mention anything about the MCMAHON's in the area? The time period I am looking at is at least the early 1800 if not  earlier until present day as one MCMAHON stayed and married and 3 came to Australia

Kind regards
Greg
Hi,

I notice the date of your post was 2007 so I hope the following info is still useful.

I have in my possession a booklet called "Kiltenanlea Parish Church" Clonlara, Co Clare. 1782-1992 by Freddie Bourke (Nov 1992). Published by Clonlara Development Association.

There is one report in the gravestone inscriptions for a Warren family.  Most of the deaths are 1900-1929.  There is an Eliza Warren of Coolisteige who died 19 Jan 1885 but no age is given.  I can provide the other names if you wish.

The booklet also states that the parish register is held at St. Flannan's Cathedral, Killaloe, the marriage register begins 20 Jul 1845, baptisms 1882 and the burials Sep 1881.  They are complete.

Regards, Gazania
Surnames MCMAHON GEORGE KEOGH
Kildourus, Clonlara, Doonass, Coolisteige, Co Clare