Author Topic: Brisbane Mini Meet .. . Anyone Interested??  (Read 12706 times)

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Veni, veni, veni Locamovae cum me
    • View Profile
Re: Brisbane Mini Meet .. . Anyone Interested??
« Reply #108 on: Thursday 06 September 07 07:52 BST (UK) »

I'll be catching the train down .. . . hate driving through Brisbane, so not too far of a walk - must get them 10,000 steps in      ;D ;D ;D

Barbara
Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline EDO

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Thursday 06 September 07 07:55 BST (UK) »

Can you indicate where to meet??

I will then prepare a Map.....

Then, we will all be lost together!!

EDO

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Thursday 06 September 07 07:56 BST (UK) »
Think 10.30 would be better for me.  I'm not a morning person, and if I decide to drive (still trying to decide whether drive or bus, as I'm terrified of trying to find parking at Southbank), I may be picking up and bringing a couple of other Toowoomba people. This would mean a couple of stops in Toowoomba before I leave - all takes time.  But I'll go with whatever the majority want.  If necessary, I can make contact with someone by mobile phone when I arrive.

I've been to the State Library a couple of times now, so know where to go, when I actually get to Southbank!

MarieC  
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Thursday 06 September 07 07:59 BST (UK) »

EDO ...........  A map would be brilliant, from Train Station, Bus Station and possibly Southbank underground parking.   Or is that toooooo much to ask??    :-* :-*

Marie, we can leave it till later if you want, it's not vital everyone gets there at a certain time, perhaps if we decide between meeting actually AT the Library or perhaps in one of the Cafe's at Southbank.

Barbara
Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline EDO

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Thursday 06 September 07 08:23 BST (UK) »
EDO ...........  A map would be brilliant, from Train Station, Bus Station and possibly Southbank underground parking.   Or is that toooooo much to ask??    :-* :-*
Barbara

G'day Barbara 

I note that the State Library has directions for various modes of travel

AND

an R/S Map at -

http://www.slq.qld.gov.au/about/visit

Travelling to the State Library

By CAR:
Temporary vehicle set-down in Stanley Place, access via Grey Street, Montague Road, the Cultural Centre tunnel or Peel Street.

Paid parking is available at the following local car parks:

* Stanley Place car park. Enter via the Cultural Centre tunnel or Stanley Place. For information on parking fees, telephone (07) 3840 7103.
    * Queensland Art Gallery/Queensland Museum car park. Enter via Grey Street or the Cultual Centre tunnel. For information on parking fees, telephone (07) 3840 7103.
    * Queensland Performing Arts Centre car park. Enter via the Cultural Centre tunnel. For information on parking fees, telephone (07) 3840 7103.
    * Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre. Enter via Stanley or Merival Streets. For information on parking fees, telephone (07) 3308 3000.

* South Bank Parklands Underground car park. Enter via Tribune or Little Stanley Streets, South Bank. For information on parking fees, telephone (07) 3867 2051 or Visit South Bank
 [new window http://www.visitsouthbank.com.au ]

Please note: all Cultural Centre car parks, including the Stanley Place car park beneath the State Library building, are managed by the Corporate Administration Agency [new window  http://www.caa.qld.gov.au ].

By BUS
Cultural Centre Busway Station in Melbourne Street.

By TRAIN
South Brisbane Station, corner of Melbourne and Grey Streets.

By CityCat and ferry
The CityCat and City Ferry terminals are located at South Bank 1 CityCat terminal.

By FOOT
The State Library is a short walk from the Central Business District across Victoria Bridge and South Bank Parklands.

Public transport information
For further public transport information call TransInfo
[new window http://www.transinfo.qld.gov.au/ ] on 13 12 30.

Let me know if you need any help with directions to
WHEREVER [Barbara / Marie et al]  we are going to meet!!!!

Is that all clear????

EDO

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Thursday 06 September 07 08:28 BST (UK) »

Crystal clear EDO, thank you for that ..........  You're a gem.      :-* :-*

Barbara
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline EDO

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Thursday 06 September 07 08:30 BST (UK) »

Hey again Barbara

Can you kindly organize on all pages about the mini-meet, a direct link to a NEW page??

EDO

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Thursday 06 September 07 08:55 BST (UK) »

I've started a new thread with the details of day/date/time so everyone can now go on that thread and we'll know where we are up to.   I'll put the parking details etc up there as well.

Here's the link

Barbara

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,254312.0.html
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Thursday 06 September 07 09:24 BST (UK) »

Right, I think I've PM'd everyone who responded to the cry ......... or at least I hope I've PM'd everyone, if I've missed anyone .. .my apologies . ..   :-\

I'll lock this thread now and we'll concentrate on the new one with all the details up front.

Barbara
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton