Author Topic: William Dent HAINES  (Read 8147 times)

Offline Mansl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Joseph Haines
    • View Profile
Re: William Dent Haines
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 27 May 07 15:16 BST (UK) »
So could it be the right theory should I send for that certificate.Your brilliant thanks for your time.Billy

P S I know its only a chance but it might help.
Warwickshire-      Green, Mansell
Gloucestershire-   Mansell, Haines
Worcestershire-    Haynes, Simms
Oxfordshire-         Green. Hawkins
Leicestershire-      Kirby. Gee
North Shields-      Middlemiss, Haines, Faircloth

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 27 May 07 15:19 BST (UK) »
Don't think I could resist sending for that certificate :D In 61 there is no other candidate for Charles other than the son of Charles senior and Hannah, so his presence with Frederick J in 71 does add a lot of weight. Just wish I could locate Frederick and Elizabeth in 1861.
Jan ;)
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline elf

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 27 May 07 16:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone
Have Elizabeth in 1881 1891 as a Housekeeper to a Charles Etheridge living in Maisemore Henry is also living there .
Staffordshire Gloucester Lancashire
Haines Allen Bennett Fieldhouse Beddall.Whittle

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 27 May 07 17:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone
Have Elizabeth in 1881 1891 as a Housekeeper to a Charles Etheridge living in Maisemore Henry is also living there .

Well done  :D But where on earth is she hiding in 1861 ??? I've searched just under her initials in case she is in an institution, still no luck.

Jan ;)

By the way Billy are you needing full details for these census entries?
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
derbyshire- allsop, noon
dorset- rendall, gale

Offline Mansl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Joseph Haines
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 27 May 07 17:54 BST (UK) »
That would be really great.Im still trying to work out this site I only started properly yesterday and as Im not very good its taking me a while to work things out.Im visiting my aunt in  Newcastle in June she is 91 and Fredericks Grandaughter as is my mum but too young to remember may be my aunty might know something.Thanks Billy :)

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 27 May 07 19:31 BST (UK) »
I'll post all the details for you tomorrow. You'll soon get the hang of the site.
Cheers
Jan ;)

buckinghamshire- pain
derbyshire- allsop, noon
dorset- rendall, gale

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 28 May 07 06:17 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

A couple of comments using the IGI, FamilySearch and FreeBMD (though my first response on this thread - #3 - seemed to fall into the RC 'invisibility' hole  :D ).

Frederick SMALLHOOD/SMALLWOOD who has been mentioned is possibly the Frederick SMALLWOOD, birth, December quarter 1855, Newent, Volume 6a, Page 193.  While Billy's Frederick may well have understated his age, that birth seems surely to be too early?

Frederick HAYNES b Hartpury who was married to Harriet (SMITH), is listed on the 1881 census as aged 22 - a good match for the Sep qtr 1858 illegitimate Frederick John HAINES (who may very well be Billy's Frederick).

A Harriett HAINES, age 29, death was registered September quarter 1885, Newent, Volume 6a, Page 149.
This would fit nicely with the fact that Billy's Frederick HAINES married as a widower in Newent in the June quarter 1886.

The household in Maisemore in 1881 is Charles ETHERIDGE, Head, Widower, 62, Carpenter, b Maisemore and Elizabeth HAINES, boarder, unmarried, 44, Housekeeper, b Hartpury (i.e. b ca 1837) and Harry HAINES, boarder, 15, Farmers Boy, b Maisemore (i.e. b ca 1866) in the 1881.

Henry HAINES is on the IGI as bap 14 Jan 1866, Maisemore, Gloucester(shire), England, mother Elizabeth HAINES, no father recorded.
And there's also Alice HAINES on the IGI also bap 14 Jan 1866, Maisemore, Gloucester, mother Elizabeth HAINES, no father recorded.
And Harry is presumably the Henry HAINES, birth, December quarter 1866, Gloucester (that district included Maisemore), Volume 6a, Page 247.
Alice perhaps an earlier birth in Gloucester - March quarter 1862   ???
I wonder who Henry/Harry and Alice gave as their father when/if they married (perhaps Charles Etheridge HAINES  ;D ).

Billy, RootsChat is a great site and very helpful indeed - and RootsChatters love puzzles.  As Dave said in response #1 on this thread, and I repeated in post #3 on this thread, it really does help if you tell us all the info you already have.  Then people aren't spending time teasing out info which you already know e.g. that Fred was a widower when he married in 1886 etc, and that Elizabeth had three illegitimate children and their names.

Very best of luck,

JAP

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 28 May 07 07:00 BST (UK) »
Just for completeness, though I guess this is already known (and might have been useful to know?), from the IGI:

Charles HAYNES m Hannah WALKER, 20 Jan 1824, Hartpury

A Charles & a Hannah had in Hartpury:
*William HAINES, bap 6 Apr 1827
Presumably the one who m Eliza HATCH in 1849 in Hartpury, had children in Hartpury and was found above in the 1851 census with children Henry and William
*Henry HEYNES, bap 18 Sep 1831
*Richard HEYNES, bap 20 Oct 1833
*Elizabeth HAINES, bap 4 Dec 1836
Presumably the one who did not marry and had illegitimate children Frederick John (Billy's Frederick?), Alice and Henry/Harry

*Mary Ann HAINES, bap 6 Sep 1840
Perhaps the Mary Anne HAINES who m John BARNES in 1859 in Hartpury (several possible children on the IGI).

I wonder whether there would be anything in the Hartpury church records to indicate whether William DENT was indeed the father of Frederick (Frederick John?) HAINES?  Or Wills or whatever?  William DENT can certainly be traced further; also his wife who presumably was Sophia BANNISTER.

JAP

Offline Mansl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Joseph Haines
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 28 May 07 09:30 BST (UK) »
Hello Jap I can see you like a good puzzle and I thankyou for your research its great. :)
Just looking at Frederick and Keziah's marriage cert. They were married in St Bartholomew's in the Parish of Churchdown.
Looking at the Birth cert.of their daughter Gertrude Jessy 15/10/1891 it says Frederick father Upton St Leonards.
I will know more hopefully when I get that birth cert.of Frederick John Haines.Billy