Author Topic: lookup please for SEYMOUR  (Read 1485 times)

Offline robynkm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
lookup please for SEYMOUR
« on: Monday 06 December 04 06:56 GMT (UK) »
Could anyone help with a lookup for the name Stephen Seymour born possibly about 1817.
Stephen died January 01, 1901 in Bloom Hill, near Bathurst, NSW he married Rebecca Blunt in 1841 in Ticehurst District any info would be greatly appreciated as this family is really hard to track from Kent/Sussex prior to immigration to Australia especially a birth for this person and his son Stephen.

Stephen's father was Samual Seymour (his spouse/marraige date unknown) Samual's parents are believed to be Ezra Seamer/Elizabeth Gower) and per nsw issue no mother is known for Stephen senior.
Stephen Seymour senior had the following children (sussex weald 1851 )
Naomi 1841
Jacob 1845
Ruth 1847
Isaac 1850

Stephen junior ? when

They were in Wadhurst in 1851-- Carpenter and
the whole family immigrated after Stephen's birth to NSW and lived in the Bathurst area.
Thankyou Robyn :)

Researching the following names  Seymour,Seymore,Seamer,Seamour,Humphrey,Blunt,Wood,Josh,Wade,Veitch,Kitt,King,Ring,Thomas and others ...

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: lookup please for SEYMOUR
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 December 04 13:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Robyn,

Welcome to RootsChat.

I have been looking through Sussex marriages - Samuel and Ezra do not appear in the index.  Stephen married too late to be included.  I cannot find Stephen's baptism either on BVRI2 or the IGI.  Can you tell me, was this family non-conformist?  The marriage index includes Quaker and Catholic marriages but I'm not certain how many other denominations it includes.  This is the only explanation I can think of for the omission.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline robynkm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: lookup please for SEYMOUR
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 December 04 03:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nell

Thankyou for your reply

Re Ezra - He is believed to have married Elizabeth Gower  on the January 17, 1783 in Speldhurst, Kent, England
Re Samual Christening: June 29, 1788, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England -- Marraige "UNKNOWN".
Stephen ---- Unknown "BRICK WALL"and the same when I try to find a his son Stephen.

Stephen Wesleyan
It is quite possible that some Seamer/Seymour's are non-conformist of this family line.
On a film I looked at recently I found a brother  of Samual's with descendants and being non-conformists.

Robyn  :)

Researching the following names  Seymour,Seymore,Seamer,Seamour,Humphrey,Blunt,Wood,Josh,Wade,Veitch,Kitt,King,Ring,Thomas and others ...