Author Topic: KITT family / Michael Kitt  (Read 4492 times)

Offline robynkm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
KITT family / Michael Kitt
« on: Monday 06 December 04 08:02 GMT (UK) »
Please HELP
Does anyone have info on a MICHAEL KITT convict to Australia arrived on the Mangles 4 - 1826,herdsman certificate of freedom Sept 1832
Date of trial was 23/7/1825 Limerick City his year of birth is listed as 1798 but could be up to 1800/01 
Searching for any info and descendents his mother is known to be JANE ? re issue bdm nsw.
Michael also used the name Mckitt in Australia
Any info of Michael,his family in Limerick or any descendents would be very much apppreciated.

Hoping to get a break with this one -- Robyn

Researching the following names  Seymour,Seymore,Seamer,Seamour,Humphrey,Blunt,Wood,Josh,Wade,Veitch,Kitt,King,Ring,Thomas and others ...

Offline carolelohoar

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: KITT family / Michael Kitt
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 April 05 16:02 BST (UK) »
Michael Kitt lived at Wiseman's Creek and Fish River near Bathurst.  He employed my g.g.grandfather Thomas Larressy (another ex-Irish convict - named Larney on indents) for a time around 1845-1849.  Michael Kitt also reported Thomas's wife Bridget Larressy for stealing a cow in 1850.  The Bathurst Free Press ran the story, and in it, mentioned Michael Kitt had the alias "Black Mick".

Hope this adds a bit more colour to your family saga!
Unfortunately I don't know what happened to Michael Kitt after my Larressys left the area.

Offline jfmcclure

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: KITT family / Michael Kitt
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 08 April 21 12:12 BST (UK) »
Robyn, I am descended from Mick KITT (my 4x great grandfathr) via his son, Jeremiah. Jeremiah's daughter, Margaret married William STONE.